Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what trigger does everyone use? i think i have a x mark in my 700P, but i'm not sure. i've heard good things about timney, but i wanna know which one to get.

also, does anyone know of a good firing pin to get? i'm looking at a few on midway that say they are a little heavier. but i'm not sure of which one to get.

i squeeze every bit of accuracy out of this gun as i possibly can.

thanks in advance for the input

·
Registered
526 Posts
The absolute best trigger is the Jewell. Shilen is probably second with Timney third. There are some other Benchrest triggers that are as good or better than Jewell but they aren't practical for a rifle that isn't used off the bench in single shot only mode.

I've been shooting 700 Remingtons since they first came out and have never used anything other thaan the factory firing pin. No reason to change what works.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Only reason I like the Timney is because of the price. The Timney will be fine for casual shooting and tactical matches. If your hardcore about it the Jewell or Shilen. But really any one of the three will be fine.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a Remington 40X trigger set at 1-1/2 pounds in my 5R with a Factory firing pin..

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'll keep doing research. the shilens are more expensive for sure. but i'm guessing you get what you pay for. i dont compete in matches, but i'd like to. looks like i'll just start saving after i buy my AR.

thanks for the input yall

·
Registered
120 Posts
762 said:
i'll keep doing research. the shilens are more expensive for sure. but i'm guessing you get what you pay for. i dont compete in matches, but i'd like to. looks like i'll just start saving after i buy my AR.

thanks for the input yall
I do have a Shilen 2oz trigger on my Varmint rifle.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
speaking of ar's and needing a new trigger. :(

my AR(MP15T) should have a sticker that says "if you have arthritis in your hands, use weapon as a batting device"

off topic i know, sorry!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Winxp_Man said:
Only reason I like the Timney is because of the price. The Timney will be fine for casual shooting and tactical matches. If your hardcore about it the Jewell or Shilen. But really any one of the three will be fine.
Exactly right. I wouldn't hesitate to install a Timney on any of my rifles. Many people use them in competition and win. I have a Jewell and a Shilen because I got a good deal on them. I also have an old model Factory trigger on my ,223 that works just fine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the Timney in both my AR-15 and 700PSS. I purchased the whole trigger unit which was simple to install in both weapons. I put the AR @ 4lbs and the 700 @ 2 and couldn't be more pleased. All three mentioned in previous posts are good so catching a good deal might determine which one you might end up with but if no deals are around when you're ready to purchase, take a hard look at those Timney's IMHO.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Rifle Basix are good triggers too and won't break the bank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts