Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ultimate Sniper
http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Snip...2BSG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306452164&sr=8-1

This is quite a book. Everything detailed out in facts and no story-telling. Everything as in rifle, scope, equipment, techniques, target ID, etc...

It seems like the author is in the camp that believes the SS barrels last longer than moly chrome.
And, that 24" barrels are standard barrel lengths for US military.
European snipers prefers 26" barrels.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought this book used at AbeBooks.com for $4. It was marked as the new revision, but when it came it was the old 1993 edition. I kept it as it is a worthwhile read.

Lots of great info on selecting cartridges, bullets, ballistics, etc...comparing wind drift between such, etc...

I highly recommend looking through AbeBooks for a used one, well worth the cost...mine had 2 or 3 highlites in the book, but they are all pieces of info worth knowing. The best $4 I spent in a long while... ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
As an aside, I ordered Chris Kyle's "American Sniper" from AbeBooks.com, and was surprised at how many of them were available for only a few dollars including shipping. I got one for about $3.50 including shipping.

In a way I felt sorry for his widow, the book has only been out about a year and it's selling for a dollar already... :(

Chris Kyle - American Sniper - AbeBooks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts