639 Posts
Bob, did it snap off??

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quick said:
Bob, did it snap off??
Yes it did. I was dry firing it. squeezed it once every thing worked fine. Did it again and this. No warning, no feeling it give a little then break just suddenly two separate pieces.

·
Registered
526 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have an old style factory trigger on the way.
I didn't contact Remington because I did not want another X-mark trigger. I am sure they would have made it right if given a chance.

·
Registered
403 Posts
a300fe1 said:
BobC, let me know if your new trigger doesn't show up, I have a couple at home and would be glad to send you one.
This is why I like this community! :) If it were an AR-15 I could help. Ron your a stand up guy and thanks for your generosity in helping a fellow member in need.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks a lot for the offer a300fe1. I have one coming from Numrich Gun Parts. It should be here within the next couple days.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If that's an X-mark I've got one just like it. Remington told me to send mine in but I'm not really interested in another substandard trigger.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You all know we have to keep the 700's singing loudly. I believe we will need them in the near future to get our country back from the three stooges (Barry, Harry, and Nancy).

·
Registered
190 Posts
a300fe1 said:
You all know we have to keep the 700's singing loudly. I believe we will need them in the near future to get our country back from the three stooges (Barry, Harry, and Nancy).
OR AS I CALL THEM...... B.O. SCARRY AND NASTY :lol:(I AM BEING KIND ON PRINT) But how true
your statement I HOPE IT NEVER COMES TO THAT! but it never hurts to pe prepared
now does it? We are truely being run by IDIOTS!

·
Registered
190 Posts
You're right,My bad!

·
Registered
190 Posts
m24shooter said:
If that's an X-mark I've got one just like it. Remington told me to send mine in but I'm not really interested in another substandard trigger.
Is this the new adjustable x-mark pro trigger you are speaking of,the one that is externally
adjustable (has the set screw in it) or last years version (without the set screw in it)? Because
I have last years model (you have to take it out of the stock to adjust) and so far I love it!
it actually breaks better and is lighter than my old style trigger on my VS/PS.!:)

·
Registered
190 Posts
I kinda figured it was, because I looked mine over and thought it was very robust.(1st des.) Then I got to thinking about the set screw making it weak,they had to take too much metal out of it when they drilled the hole for the set screw. I can see now where that would be a weak point.All
the 700's we have at the store (I work at a gun store) with the exception of a SPS varmint in
204 have the latest trigger. (hope we don't have any problems with the ones we have) I
wonder what fix Remington has in store, I bet they are going to see a lot of these problems
and will have to do something about it! probally x-mark pro trigger III.

·
Registered
190 Posts
m24shooter said:
Mine is the new one with the screw as well. It broke exactly where BobC's did.
I actually like my 1st des trigger I have it down to about 2 lbs and breaks like glass, I'm now
glad I did'nt get the newest offering (I really was disapointed that I did'nt get the newest one
but now I am relieved.)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts