Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So even though I'm on vacation, I decided to go to work...WHAT!!!...(well I don't have a lathe at home) to try and make a bolt knob. To my dismay we were all out of 1" aluminum rod but we did have some black nylon. I thought, why not, it's very strong, very resistant to chemicals and very easy to shape. This is what I came up with. I think when vacay is over I'll try out some different designs and probably make one out of aluminum. Nothing better then making something for yourself and getting paid for it! :cool:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Vtwin_Guy said:
So even though I'm on vacation, I decided to go to work...WHAT!!!...(well I don't have a lathe at home) to try and make a bolt knob. To my dismay we were all out of 1" aluminum rod but we did have some black nylon. I thought, why not, it's very strong, very resistant to chemicals and very easy to shape. This is what I came up with. I think when vacay is over I'll try out some different designs and probably make one out of aluminum. Nothing better then making something for yourself and getting paid for it! :cool:

Very nice job! Let us know when your taking orders please! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts