Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

321 - 340 of 380 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks, 1911. I really dig that 300WM build of yours. The muzzle break and cerakote color especially have my attention. I'm going to hold off on both of those things until I rebarrel mine down the road but at least now I have an idea of where I might take it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks, 1911. I really dig that 300WM build of yours. The muzzle break and cerakote color especially have my attention. I'm going to hold off on both of those things until I rebarrel mine down the road but at least now I have an idea of where I might take it.
Thank you for the kind words about my rifle build.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, Hello. This is as good a place as any to introduce myself. This is my latest love. 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD in .308. Got it thirdhand from a coworker and got started. Work done so far

Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP with Vortex PMR Rings
Weaver 20 MOA 1 piece scope base
Superior Precision Tactical bolt knob
Magpul Hunter 700 bolt action magazine well with 6 and 10 round mags (modified stock Hogue stock to accept DBM)
YHM Phantom-TI DT suppressor ( I removed the AAC suppressor mount)

And it did this with my first Berger VLD Hunting workup loads. Factory heavy barrel, factory trigger. I am in love.

And then it did this with 180 Nosler BTs!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have absolutely no idea how to easily attach photos but here goes. Ignore the camo stock. BDL stock for that rifle is packed away for safe keeping. Found these about 10 years apart. Both in Canada. Both made in Dec/77. Only know of one other made so late. IMG_2723.jpg IMG_2728.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Specs: Remington 700 SPS Tactical 16.5" .308
Stock: MagPul Hunter 700 OD Green w/ MagPul Maxwell
Optic: Vortex Optics Viper HS 6-24x50 w/ EGW 20MOA Rail, Vortex Medium Rings and caps
Suppressor: Crux Suppressors Nemesis 30cal Silencer w/ Crux PWS Brake
Bipod: Harris Bipod w/ MagPul M-Lok Bipod Mount
Bolt: KRG SV Bolt Knob

Reactions: CHALK22

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Here's my last "700 Project". At least the piece with the Serial Number on it is Remington :)

Action: 700 Stainless Steel Action (that originally came on a 5-R Milspec)
Barrel: Benchmark Rem Sendero Profile", 1:10, 5-C, 24"
Trigger: Timney CE
Brake: Witt Machine
Chassis: MDT TAC-21 W/Integral 20 MOA rail, (front rail 0-MOA).
Stock: Magpul PRS
Rail(s) Magpul MOE (bottom and LH side)
Scope: NF 12-42X56mm NXS
Rings: Seekins/Vortex X-High 30mm (AR)
Caps: Tenebraex
Bolt: PTG One Piece with M-16 Extractor
Bolt Knob: Bolt Knob "C"
Monopod: Accushot BT12-QK
Bipod: Atlas BT46-LW17 PSR
Anti-Cant Level: US Optics Rail Mounted Swivel ACD
Magazine(s) 1) Magpul 7.62X51 5-Round 2) Acccurate AICS pattern 10-Round (not pictured).

Love the chassis and this setup drills sub .25 MOA groups using Lapua Brass, CCI BR2 Primers, 42.2 gr IMR 4064, and 175 gr TMK's loaded to "Mag Length" (2.880 for Magpul 7.62 mag)

One comment on the TAC-21 chassis, with the fully adjustable buttstock and it's "inline" design, recoil is so easy to manage that the sight picture remains in your vision throughout the recoil. A pleasure to shoot.

Have to stop "building" and get back to "shooting". I've got more invested in this rifle than my parents paid for the first house they bought. Of course that was back in 1946 but still-------

·
Registered
196 Posts
I love that chassis! Well, I really love the whole thing! Great job and great choices on the components. I can sympathize on the cost but dam, nothing out of the box will shoot like a custom made for you rifle!

And yeah, I am not buyin the stop building thing at all... :rolleyes:

Great job Deadshot!

·
Registered
4 Posts
. Find best shooting sticks for hunting in dailyshootingSpecs: Remington 700 SPS Tactical 16.5" .308
Stock: MagPul Hunter 700 OD Green w/ MagPul Maxwell
Optic: Vortex Optics Viper HS 6-24x50 w/ EGW 20MOA Rail, Vortex Medium Rings and caps
Suppressor: Crux Suppressors Nemesis 30cal Silencer w/ Crux PWS Brake
Bipod: Harris Bipod w/ MagPul M-Lok Bipod Mount
Bolt: KRG SV Bolt Knob. Check the best gun safe 2016 in this website

Awesome! Can you tell me how much for this? :D

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I love that chassis! Well, I really love the whole thing! Great job and great choices on the components. I can sympathize on the cost but dam, nothing out of the box will shoot like a custom made for you rifle!

And yeah, I am not buyin the stop building thing at all... :rolleyes:

Great job Deadshot!
Well, I might replace the barrel but that won't count as a "build". :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Awesome! Can you tell me how much for this? :D
Specs: Remington 700 SPS Tactical 16.5" .308 $650(?)
Stock: MagPul Hunter 700 OD Green w/ MagPul Maxwell $310
Optic: Vortex Optics Viper HS 6-24x50 w/ EGW 20MOA Rail, Vortex Medium Rings and caps $450(?)
Suppressor: Crux Suppressors Nemesis 30cal Silencer w/ Crux PWS Brake $1100 +$200 stamp $1300
Bipod: Harris Bipod w/ MagPul M-Lok Bipod Mount $125(?)
Bolt: KRG SV Bolt Knob $35(?)

Roughly $2900+/- ($1600+/- w/o the suppressor & brake)

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Optic: Vortex Optics Viper HS 6-24x50 w/ EGW 20MOA Rail, Vortex Medium Rings and caps $450(?)
Suppressor: Crux Suppressors Nemesis 30cal Silencer w/ Crux PWS Brake $1100 +$200 stamp $1300

Just think what will happen when (or if) Congress removes suppressors from the NFA list. Suddenly they'll be about as expensive as lawnmower engine mufflers as the Maxim design was originally used extensively.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just think what will happen when (or if) Congress removes suppressors from the NFA list. Suddenly they'll be about as expensive as lawnmower engine mufflers as the Maxim design was originally used extensively.
No shit! Suppressor cost as much as the rifle and accessories.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Great job and great choices on the components.

Naturally there was a lot of thought put into each item. Here's a few reasons why I chose what I did.

Chassis----It's one of the few chassis systems on the market that has the butt inline with the centerline of the barrel without having to "dog-leg" at the rear of the stock.
The PRS was also chosen as it balances the heavy barrel and muzzle brake
MIAD grip system allows one to adjust for hand size. Kit includes two "backstraps", one thick with a little more curve to it and the other thinner with less curve. Pick the one that allows you to place the pad of your finger on the trigger while the backstrap is comfortably in the back of your palm. Important if you want to minimize horizontal spread in your groups.
Atlas Bipod is not only versatile, this model has "cant" and "yaw" adjustment that works smoothly and is adjustable for feel. The QD feature is fantastic. Litterally pops off when you want it to with litterally no 'screwing around" like the Harris requires.

The 5-Round Magpul magazine was purchased merely to keep the Game Warden in our State happy. 5-Round max in hunting areas (pretty much if even just target shooting during season).

The rest of the core rifle pretty much speaks for itself and why those items were chosen. Scope, barrel, brake, trigger, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lots of very nice rifles in here!

Still pretty new to all this. I am still working up loads, but, I think I am on the right track.

Rem 700 SPSV 26"
Timney 517
B&C M40
Vortex HST 6-24 (MRAD/MRAD)
Harris Bi-Pod
Southwest Precision Adjustable Comb

This is just after I got it all dressed up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looks like it should work well.

On a humorous note, I always see Suppressor Covers as something that might be real useful on a really, really, cold hunting trip. Could keep something essential warm and prevent frostbite. :) :)
I need a smaller cover.

·
Registered
27 Posts

That is a steal for that optic. Thats probably below my price on 3.5

pic of my last 700 in an MDT chassi, pretty stock besides that. Going to build a new adl on a hunter similar to yours.

321 - 340 of 380 Posts