Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

341 - 360 of 380 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
You might want to consider the cover I have on my 700 View attachment 2274 . Check out their website. It also helps to reduce mirage and make it easy to remove the suppressor after shooting.
I've used that cover as well and slides off when the can gets heated. Talking with Dustin from Cole-Tac he told me with the Crux, and titanium, cans they heat up to higher temps which can cause failures.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've used that cover as well and slides off when the can gets heated. Talking with Dustin from Cole-Tac he told me with the Crux, and titanium, cans they heat up to higher temps which can cause failures.
I haven't had that problem with mine and I just came back from two days of training at an Appleseed Unknown Distance event. Fired over two hundred .308 rounds. Granted, my suppressor is not titanium but it did get quite hot with no movement of the cover.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Budget minded 700

I'm new here and really diggin' all the rad 700 pics. But I have something for the budget minded boys to look at. It's a Walmart 700 ADL .223 completely stock except for the Centerpoint 4-16x40 scope, no name bipod, KRG small version bolt knob and stock trigger adjusted to 3 1/2 lbs. I am considering a Witt clamp on muzzle brake, but not sure how it'd look on the skinny 24" barrel. Total investment = not much. :-}
It'll do cloverleafs at 50 yds, and under 1 1/4" at 100 yds with Walmarts Perfecta 55 grain ammo. I'm no hunter but the best fun I have is blowing up beer cans full of water at the 100 yd mark.

I do love this rifle.

IMG_1054.JPG
IMG_1052.JPG

·
Registered
28 Posts
SPS V .308
MDT LSS XL chassis and MDT SRS lite stock
Primary Arms 4-14x44 mil/mil with shade
2.5 lb Timney trigger with flat shoe
Some kind of UTG "sniper grip" that I had to chop up to fit
Don't remember who made the rings and base but they are steel.
Next stop is threading for a brake. Thinking the surefire socom. After that, new glass. Cheers

Attachments

Reactions: 1911ly

·
Registered
4 Posts
Let me know how it does for you. I my case its bed the action and free float using my existing stock or go something like this route. Did you weigh it before and after to see what the difference was? Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
here is where i am at. i also bought reloading equipment but have yet to get to the range to get some shots out. i would have went this am but we had some freezing rain last night and where i live that shuts down everything.

once i get some shots out of it, get her zeroed i am going to start working on different loads etc. also have a muzzle brake going on it soon

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Rem700 varmint .308 26" heavy barrel
MDT tac21 chassis
Magpul PRS stock
Magpul grip
UTG bipod
Vortex viper 6x24x50 glass
Timney CE trigger comes in a few weeks

My .308 looks exactly the same in a TAC-21 chassis. I also put one on my Savage 10T (6.5 Creedmoor). Love the chassis so much I'm going to put one on my .223 Remington with not just a heavy barrel but a 26" MTU profile Benchmark barrel. The total "Inline" design makes recoil management a piece of cake. Also is great for scope mounting as one can add a Night Vision adapter on the extended front rail without any "creative engineering" required.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here's my new old 260. Action was from my 1964 Adl 243 that I wore out. It was my first rifle. Bought it in 2004 when I was 16. Then the next year they opened my hunting area (central ny) to rifle hunting. It was my go to gun for many years until I wore it out. It took my first buck, my biggest buck, and almost all of my deer with a gun. Every one has been a one shot kill. Never wounded one and never tracked one either. Most shots were within 100 yards but i took one buck over 300 with it. Even filled 6 tags in one day! But I got to the point where it wouldn't group under 2" anymore. I've put well over 2k rounds through it. I dropped it off hart barrels where they squared it, put on a 26" 1:8" varmint contour barrel in 260 rem. I just picked it up last week and also just got my Vls stock for it which I love. It's getting my one piece leupold base with rings and my Nikon 3-9x40 bdc as it will mainly be a deer rifle hopefully out to 500 yards. Still have to get a floor plate and all the reloading stuff for it. My pillar bedding kit is on the way. I'm currently trying to get the trigger adjusted but can't quite seem to get it how I like it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Here's my new old 260. Action was from my 1964 Adl 243 that I wore out. It was my first rifle. Bought it in 2004 when I was 16. Then the next year they opened my hunting area (central ny) to rifle hunting. It was my go to gun for many years until I wore it out. It took my first buck, my biggest buck, and almost all of my deer with a gun. Every one has been a one shot kill. Never wounded one and never tracked one either. Most shots were within 100 yards but i took one buck over 300 with it. Even filled 6 tags in one day! But I got to the point where it wouldn't group under 2" anymore. I've put well over 2k rounds through it. I dropped it off hart barrels where they squared it, put on a 26" 1:8" varmint contour barrel in 260 rem. I just picked it up last week and also just got my Vls stock for it which I love. It's getting my one piece leupold base with rings and my Nikon 3-9x40 bdc as it will mainly be a deer rifle hopefully out to 500 yards. Still have to get a floor plate and all the reloading stuff for it. My pillar bedding kit is on the way. I'm currently trying to get the trigger adjusted but can't quite seem to get it how I like it.

A fine honouring to a fine old rifle.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Here I hope is mine, bought this many years ago, at least 30 to 40 years I think, it was from a local dealer.
It was a consignment rifle, do not recall what I paid, but I took the wood stock off, and put a brown precision stock on that was a blank, and I had to do the finish and install the recoil pad and bed the action.
It is in 25/06 and I put a Bushnell 4x12 banner on it and it is a tack driver.
Ran into the fellow that used to own it and he wanted it back, turns out he used to use the action for custom guns he made and sold, and now he wanted to get this one back for a project, I of course said no.
I originally liked the wood stock, it was not fancy but wood is nice, but after scaling rock faces after goats and the beating the stock took I realized synthetic was the way to go.
Sprayed it with wrinkle paint and it worked out fine.
Anyway I own and shoot lots of calibers all the way up to 375 H&H, but it is my go to rifle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
End of Summer 2016 Scope Mount 147.jpg .338 Lapua Magnum 700, 8.5 x 25 Mark 4 ERT Leopold, Max 50 Badger Ordinance Rings, Badger Ordinance 20 MOA base, Badger ordinance Bolt Knob, Jewel Trigger set at 3lbs, custom muzzle brake. Very sweet shooter.

341 - 360 of 380 Posts