Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

361 - 380 of 380 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
First post. Here is my 700 ADL 30-06, replaced the factory plastic stock with a magpul hunter stock and DBM. The front screw only engaged about 1 thread so i replaced the screws too. It had a factory 3-9x40 scope that was junk (i think it was a Bushnell). It now has a nikon 3.5-14x40 prostaff SF First focal plane BDC. I would rather have a mill dot but they don't offer a FFP mill dot. Next I want to get a Timney 510.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Heres my 700 ss 5r, vortex pst 6-24x50, harris bipod, mas defense brake. I was trying different handloads and got this. Pretty stoked. Never dont that before. That was at 100 yards. 80% of the others were .5-.75 moa. I was trying 168 - 178 hornaday match bthps. It likes the 178s better.

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
remington 700 5r 24in 308 win

jewell trigger

aics 1.5 od green

trued action

large bolt handle

20 moa badger ordnance steel base

atlas bipod with spigot

tps steel rings

vortex pst viper 6-24-50mm ffp 10mil

rem700.jpg

4 round group with factory hornady 168gr amax matc
20170730_180206.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts

Remington M24 clone.

SPS Tactical, or how it used to look. At this point it was in an HS stock that had been inletted for CDI bottom metal to use AI mags.

SPS Tactical as it currently exists, getting closer to done.
SPS Tac in .308, muzzle threaded for SEI Vortex. Calvin Elite trigger, Badger bolt knob, MDT LSS chassis with full Pic bottom rail. Magpul MIAD, CTR, and 3/4" riser, MDT adjustable recoil pad. Badger 20 MOA base bedded to receiver with Badger rings. SWFA SS 3-9x42 FFP and throw lever, Trijicon RMR on front ring Pic rail. Bobro Gen 1 pod.

Just got the bolt lock adjusted correctly this morning so it doesn't stick in the unlocked position and adjusted the trigger up from the factory 8 ounces. Currently in NFA jail waiting on my SiCo Omega 300. I'll be replacing the Vortex with the ASR brake when the stamp comes through, and I plan on replacing the SWFA glass when I can, probably with something illuminated. May switch out the pod as well, not sure yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pieced together a 223 AI trainer to mimic my competition 6.5 Creedmoor.

Action: Remington 700 LH
Recoil lug: PTG
Barrel: Brux 26" chambered in 223AI
Rail: EGW 20MOA scope base
Chassis: Killer Innovations Orias Chassis (MLOK)
Buttstock: MDT skeleton
Grip: Ergo
Rings: American Rifle Company M10
Scope: Vortex Gen 2 Razor 4.5-27x56
Accessory: RRS Arca plate
Bipod: Atlas
Muzzle device: Silencerco Omega

·
Super Moderator
1,352 Posts
I would love to say, "Very Nice" but can't really tell anything because of the lack of contrast in your picture. You might want to try a different background.

Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Model 700 short action left hand in .25/.284. I bought the rifle used in late 90s. The action has been nickel plated [because I could] and the stock is a Richards dual-grip thumbhole in grade III claro walnut. I always wanted a Weatherby style stock, but didn't necessarily want to buy a Weatherby rifle to get one.

Here is a recent arrival built on a Rem 700 stainless action. The factory trigger was set to about 3# pull. Caliber is .25-06 with a 26 inch Hart barrel. The stock is an old H-S Precision that I've had laying around for about 20 years.

·
Registered
137 Posts
As a Member of the 700 Rifle Forum. I should have a picture of my Remington Model 700. It is a Classic in .35 Whelen. When it became available I just had to have it. I really like it. I do like round. It was developed by James Howe of Griffin & Howe and Col. Townsend Whelen. It was a Wildcat Round for years until Remington standardized the round in 1987.

Unfortunately the program is rejecting my picture.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Here's my headache Remington 700 sps tactical in .223 16.5 barrel with a vortex diamondback 4x16x44 , versapod bipod . I completely bedded that piece of shit stock and gutted it a bit to composite for any flex. I'm not a rich man just a starving student. So she's a work in progress
20201214_104434.jpg

361 - 380 of 380 Posts