Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
381 - 384 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just sold this one ... it was a 700 ADL Sportsman in .243 that I picked up knowing there was a beautiful stock hiding under the crappy factory finish. I stripped it and refinished in natural with a hand-rubbed oil finish but decided the maple wasn't my thing. I listed it on GI and sold it in under an hour (at a tidy profit).

Before pics:
Air gun Machine gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

Air gun Shotgun Bumper Trigger Wood

After Pics:
Air gun Wood Gun barrel Trigger Gun accessory

Leg Wood Helmet Bicycle part Bicycle saddle

Wood Office supplies Material property Writing implement Flooring

Here's what replaced it (200th Anniv 700 .243):
Wood Hand tool Tool Garden tool Artifact

Wood Nickel Metal Close-up Electric blue

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here's my other Remington, a mint 1967 700 ADL with an also mint vintage 3-9x Weaver (year unknown but first introduced in 1967). I wanted to flip the rear base around but the screws were just too tight. Cool old classic rifle in 30-06:

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Wood Gun barrel

Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Wind instrument

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here's my dad's 1978 Remington 700 in .243. It's got a nice stock with checkering and a Monte Carlo cheekpiece, no faux ebony fore-end. It's got a 4x Bushnell Sportview scope on it. DQ marking on the other side tells me it was made in 1978. The safety holds the bolt in place, so it seems to be the pre-lawsuits trigger haha. It's a crisp 6 or 7 pound trigger pull.

I'm batting around the idea of rebarreling it in .260 and turn it in to a Hunter Class Silhouette rifle, keeping the stock the same, just changing the barrel and the scope. It sits in my safe doing nothing since I don't go hunting. I think it would be cool to bring my dad out to see me knock down rams at 500 meters with his rifle. The stock and cheek piece fit me nicely so it's an appealing idea.
Musical instrument Wood Air gun Sleeve Trigger

Wood Air gun Shotgun Trigger Gun barrel

Musical instrument accessory Wood Bicycle part Eyewear Automotive exterior

381 - 384 of 384 Posts