Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used the 1 piece base/ring unit from Nikon with their 223 series scope on a AR project gun. I see there is a company making a combo base/rings for the 700 action. In theory I like the concept, but I dont see any postings about this setup. Do they not work well?

thanks, fuzzy

·
Registered
9 Posts
In my experience I prefer a separate base and ring set up. I have a nikon scope on one of my 700's, it has a leupold base and separate rings on it. i have never had the scope slip out of zero. Sometimes its less expensive to go with the separate set up. I think its really a matter of opinion more than anything. Just get good rings that won't let the scope slip.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are several companies making one piece base/ring combos,Iron Brigade Armory,Nightforce Unimount, and DNZ Products.
I like the one piece units because I can get the scope lower to the barrel than is possible with separate rings and base.
Here's a photo of a an Iron Brigade Armory unit with 1" low rings, Leupold 4.5x14-40mm objective and a factory varmint contour barrel. Simple and sturdy.

The downside to the one piece set up is I can't put a larger diameter barrel on the rifle when I rebarrel it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
i bought mine seperate as well. i've got a nightforce base and used burris XTR rings (soon to be replaced by SS rings) right now my obj. is less than 1/8" away from the barrel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. CamW, I really like the looks of your setup. It's amazing that you were able to get a 40mm scope onto low rings. That indeed made my decision for me.

fuzzy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Final follow up. I did indeed get a DNZ game reaper from my local shop. I really do like it. The medium height perfectly fit my 6-24x44. Next week, off to the range.

Thanks again, fuzzy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts