Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I met Winxp_Man for the first time to head to Sacramento Valley Shooting Center. It was a pleasure to shoot with him and really enjoyed the day shooting with a fellow 700rifle.com'er. It was a perfect day @ 8:30am with winds no more then 5MPH and blue skies overhead. This was Aron's first time to this range and he was impressed with the facilities. The next time I go I will take lots of pics and share with you all and I have to say this range is about the best I have seen. Going to become a member very soon! gglass.....we had a little call out on a 5 shot group with you (5 shot group @ .230" @ 100yds which is simply awesome) and I can say that we may have answered the call. Mind you that we are both shooting 20" SPS Tactical .308's, but Winxp_Man has taken a 5 shot group back I have shot to measure with OnTarget and I think this 5 shot group is about .250" by visual sight. Lets see what Winxp_Man's findings are and I love the challange! Here are a few pics of the day.....

The brother rifles...

Aron cleaning his barrel....

First 5 shot group and damn if i didn't have a 5th pulled!....lol!

2nd 5 shot group and it looks good to go at at least .250" @ 100 yds!

Anyway regardless of our friendly competition.....it was a great day and it was great to meet Winxp_Man (Aron)!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Well finally got a chance to sit down and do some calculations :D

Here is 308isgreat's out come for his five shot group.

Here is my three shot groups from a shooting trip I did Saturday with some friends this was my best for shooting prone for the first time ever.
I dont know why OnTarget writing is so small but this group is .299

Here are my groups from shooting with 308isgreat.

I had a few pulled I do fine for 3 shot but that 4th and 5th shot kinda kill me :D
One other thing I loaded the load a little different not so smart since I went out to shoot for groups should of shot my good loads. Its all good though.

The three top shots that are a mile form each other where some just some test shots.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Thats some darn nice shooting mate. Ill be doing a check zero and shoot this week. Ill post some results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts