Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ps i'm not "stoned" thats just how happy trips to the range make me.. plus recording through a spotting scope kinda made me happier to be able to finally show impact close enough to see. :)

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Nice shooting ! I will be doing quite a bit of long range shooting this summer :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds awesome!, i had footage of 500 and 650yd stuff but it was very unstable video, kinda hard to keep it still on a 45x spotting scope holding a cellphone up to it haha when i finally get my reloading going im going to see how tight i can hold a group at 300yds and try to get it on video, and its easier than trying to hold super tight groups with the factory stock and without a solid rest.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
If the spotting scope has a tripod and the video camera has a tripod it makes it easier to record video ...............................................

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Both of them are iPhone 4, it takes 720p video and it works very
Well for recording audio, I've recorded myself playing piano and drums
And it always comes through clear.
I'm working on making a mount specifically for holding the iPhone to
A spotting scope so I can record precision shooting as well as longer range.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Gotta love the iPhone 4 :D I know I like mine. I even use some really nice ballistic programs that I downloaded to mine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
which ballistic program is actually worth buying? i saw them but i was kinda scared to waste the money...ever since i got my rifle i see things in "boxes of ammo" and not in Dollar value hahaha

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Ballistic FTE has many options that the others don't have, and this will give you a more precis drop and wind adjustment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts