Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what powder scale are you using?

I started with a cheap Lee way back in the day, and shortly upgraded to a Lyman Pro1000 beam scale, which I have been using for several years now. My first foray into the electronic scale was the Lyman 1000xp, which is an inconsistent POS and is getting sent back. Although there are much more expensive scales out there, I figured a $100 scale would be of respectable quality, but apparently not. It shows as much as 10% variance on a pistol charge, which is just scary.

I am on the fence whether to get another brand of scale, or just stick with my good old beam. I am not going to be a real high volume shooter, so things like the Chargemaster station just aren't worth my money. However, I wouldn't mind taking some of the error of reading a beam out of the equation..as long as it doesn't break the bank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use the RCBS rangemaster 750 and have so far been very pleased with it and haven't had any complaints or problems. I believe I paid a little over a 100 for it. So that seems to be right in your price range. Great scale for the price in my opinion.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So you are using a beam as your primary scale? Interesting.

Well, Sinclair said they would take the 1000xp back for my choice of credit or refund....still on the fence which I want to do. I am considering building a shelf/riser to set the beam scale on so that I don't need to crouch down to get a head on reading of the needle. That will make things much more agreeable for it's use, and may eliminate the need for the electronic scale altogether.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am actually now thinking of a PACT scale and dispenser. Only slightly slower than an RCBS but significantly cheaper with a lifetime warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts