Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We don't have the complete drill on video but got a good bit of it. During the "low ready" drill I chambered a round before hitting the ground because I though it would be faster. I'm glad I did it in practice and not in a match because Vegas50 pointed out it may be faster but it will get you DQ'ed!

1. Single dot at the top engaged from the prone supported with two rounds in 30 seconds. It should take much less. This is recommended where you start your day- the infamous cold bore shot, with its follow up.

2. First row of 5 dots, with a magazine of 3 rounds and a second magazine of two, the shooter from the open, magazine inserted position, will fire 3 rounds, 1 round per dot, then reload and complete the row with the final 2 rounds. Time limit to start is 30 seconds.

3. Second row of 5 dots, with a magazine of 5 rounds inserted, the bolt back, shooter in the prone, he will put 1 round in each dot from the support side in 30 seconds.

4. 3rd row of 5 dots, with a magazine of 5 rounds inserted with the bolt back the shooter from the standing will drop into the prone and fire 1 round in the first dot in 15 seconds and reset the drill and stand up. From there he will repeat this with a descending time limit. 12 seconds, 10 seconds, 8 seconds, & finally 6 seconds for each shot.

5. Last row in the dot drill, the shooter with the rifle in the low ready, magazine inserted with the bolt back will drop to the prone and fire one rounds on the first dot in 30 seconds. He will reset and stand up with the rifle repeating the drill with a descending time limit of 25 sec, 20 seconds, 15 seconds and finally 10 seconds.

http://youtu.be/5a8XjPkAMds

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vegas50 and I headed out right after work. I needed the trigger time go get my shooting back up to par and Vegas50 is getting ready to head down to AZ with HOG to shoot the monthly AZ LRPS match.

The Sniper's Hide 1/2" dot target is harder than it looks! Time to go back and brush up on the basics!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I made a couple video's of today's practice and experimentation. Well not really much experimentation other than trying different things with the 140 A-Max. New barrels seem to be a little more picky with the 140 A-Max than with the 139 Lapua Scenar (but I do think I found my 140 A-Max load).

Sin City Precision Video's

The first video is pretty long, it starts with Dave and Bill doing the portion of the drill where you start standing behind your rifle. After that its Dane and I doing the portion of the drill where you start from the low ready.

Here is a link to a video I did of my RAD rapid muzzle brake shooting super sonic ammo vs. Bill's rifle using a Elite Iron 6.5mm suppressor and sub sonic ammo. It isn't very objective and has no real point. I was just messing around with the camera while I was letting my barrel cool.

Sin City Precision Videos: Other

·
Registered
228 Posts
The videos are interesting. I've never been to a shooting competition. Is it always the same format or do they surprise you with what challenge you will be facing? Either way - very cool and great shooting.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They change things up from match to match to keep you on your toes. The individual stages often have a similar format match to match. You should check out a tactical precision match, the are a lot of fun! (and addictive)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yea - i just couldn't handle another addiction right now. Between my somewhat recent gun purchases and long history of motorcycle sports; I'm becoming just the regular junky!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts