Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you should do separate measurements for .308 win and 7.62x51nato shells or if both are shot out of the same rifle you would get the same measurement. Any ideas?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I did the head space measurement and the spacing avg. is -.0021. I thought I could set my sizer to conform my previously shot 7.62 lc cases to -.002 but when I size them, I'm not getting any change in length. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
795 Posts
It may be that they aren't stretching that much when you shoot them. In my .308 my cases don't expand much either so I think my chamber is not oversized and is close to specs.

You probably aren't doing anything wrong... But I'm not 100% sure either.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some of my lc cases (these are once shot cases from multiple rifles) are anywhere from +.005-+.010. I would think they would move some in the full case sizer from lee.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Interesting. If they are expanding that much, then yes, they should move a little in the die. I also use the Lee full length die. However my cases (Winchester) aren't exspanding more than .002" after being fired.

I guess I would just try and re- adjust the die. My press has a little slop in it so I have to turn the die in a little more.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've tried moving the die further down with no change. Also tried moving the upper nut down so and no luck there either. Maybe I need to return it back to lee. Or send it to lee and have them customize it with the win. cases I've already shot. I bought some M118lr the other day and I need to go shoot it. Perhaps then I'll see what they're measuring after being shot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts