Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I did the head space measurement and the spacing avg. is -.0021. I thought I could set my sizer to conform my previously shot 7.62 lc cases to -.002 but when I size them, I'm not getting any change in length. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
777 Posts
It may be that they aren't stretching that much when you shoot them. In my .308 my cases don't expand much either so I think my chamber is not oversized and is close to specs.

You probably aren't doing anything wrong... But I'm not 100% sure either.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Interesting. If they are expanding that much, then yes, they should move a little in the die. I also use the Lee full length die. However my cases (Winchester) aren't exspanding more than .002" after being fired.

I guess I would just try and re- adjust the die. My press has a little slop in it so I have to turn the die in a little more.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've tried moving the die further down with no change. Also tried moving the upper nut down so and no luck there either. Maybe I need to return it back to lee. Or send it to lee and have them customize it with the win. cases I've already shot. I bought some M118lr the other day and I need to go shoot it. Perhaps then I'll see what they're measuring after being shot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.