Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a rifle by my brother. He has passed away. I would love to know a little about this rifle. It's a .243 with a 21" barrel. The ser.no. is 52136. any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Good hunting gun. .243 ain't much but

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello smucker,

Your rifle is a great hunting caliber. I don't know where you are but .243 is a fine caliber for white tail deer as well as varmints, coyotes, and hogs. They are very accurate too. Post some pictures if you can.

Kix

·
Registered
62 Posts
pics would probably help in identifying what type the rifle is. at least narrow it down. have you tried contacting Remington and finding out the specs thru the serial number?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Through much effort I determined this 700 was manufactured in dec of 1963. When did Remington start the 700?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have a way to post a picture. It has a Monte Carlo stock and only a 21" barrell. It is 99%.

·
Registered
25 Posts
kixonrt66 said:
Hello smucker,

Your rifle is a great hunting caliber. I don't know where you are but .243 is a fine caliber for white tail deer as well as varmints, coyotes, and hogs. They are very accurate too. Post some pictures if you can.

Kix

I'll second that.

I've been witness to numerous 200+ yard, one shot kills of mule deer and antelope with a .243

1 - 9 of 9 Posts