Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Test load data. Different powder charges and different seating depths.

a 5 shot group at 0.262 moa.

Only thing on the load that is not posted is the brass length, a little shorter than average. I run my brass now at a 1.996 instead of the 2.005

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fast, I have not been there yet. Sounds cool. I'm in Miami also. Trail glades is my home away from home. I've been planning a trip to Orlando for the 1000yard range. Paper targets till 600 and steel after that.

Where do you shoot?

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds like a plan. I usually go out there with my brother (he is a savage shooter) . I'm planning on going this comming Saturday to finish my load workup with different primers.

There's a good chance we have run into each other at the range before. There isn't too many shooters there that take accuracy seriously lol.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like a plan! I should be there about 9ish. My wife has a state exam for her teaching license at 8 so I gotta drop her off and head to the glades. I usually shoot off the wood benches with bipod and a race bag I made. I actually just got a matt for my bday this past Friday so I'm wanting to break it in.
That's awsome, I'll work up some 175grs to test. Thanks!

·
Registered
496 Posts
HEY GUYS SWAMPTHANG HERE, I NOTICED YALL ARE FROM FLA. IM RIGHT ABOVE YA IN S.E. GA. I WOULD LIKE TO INVITE YOU BOTH ON A SHORT ROAD TRIP UP TO OUR RANGE CHECK IT OUT AT--COOL ACRES SPORTING CAMP.COM. WE ARE A NEW RANGE THATS UP AND COMMING (7 YRS) EVRY WEEKEND THERES A MATCH EITHER 600 OR 1000 YDS AND WE CAN SHOOT TO 1200! ACCOMODATIONS ARE GREAT -LODGE IS BEAUTIFUL. AND ITS ONLY 8 MILES FROM SWAINSBORO GA. GOOD FOOD,CLEAN MOTELS ETC..THE WEATHER IS COOLING OFF A LITTLE BUT THE SHOOTINGS HOT SO COME ON UP. IF THERS ANYTHING I CAN DO TO HELP DONT HESITATE TO LET ME KNOW.MAYBE ONE DAY I'LL SEE YOU ON THE MATT. UNTIL THEN. ...GOOD SHOOTING.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Duke, thanks!

Swampthing, on my next trip to south Carolina I'll make sure to stop off in ga. I don't like your signs on the highway though. 30 days for speeding just ain't right lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
jasonbourne:

Jason...Great shooting guy! I eat my heart out to even SEE a 600 yd or 1000 yd match...let along shoot in one. I might have to just pack up my RV and take a long drive down to FL and try my hand ( and have a nice vacation while Im at it...lol) Wife's parents live in Sarasota so Im sure I can spend time there too.

Im joining a club here that has a 600 yd range but its usage is VERY limited...BUT...usage of up to 400 yds on another range there for practice...especially during the week....is unlimited.

Anyway...keep uo the good shooting my man...great looking job

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Sully, it's amazing the difference in accuracy .5 of a grain or a .005th of a inch on seating depth can make.

That last target with the one hole is definitely going to be my Go to round for 168gr Smk.

I have not shot out that far yet but now that I know of a range closer to me I'm definitely going to check it out and see what Me and my baby can do!

·
Registered
47 Posts
jasonbourne said:
Thanks Sully, it's amazing the difference in accuracy .5 of a grain or a .005th of a inch on seating depth can make.

That last target with the one hole is definitely going to be my Go to round for 168gr Smk.

I have not shot out that far yet but now that I know of a range closer to me I'm definitely going to check it out and see what Me and my baby can do!
Im with ya for sure. Ive got tons of testing / shooting to get done here. First part of the year...rain...constantly....mid part....HOT and I mean HOT with lots of humidity. NOW its finally getting into decent weather...dry with slight breeze at time...mid 70's temps.

Im hanging at the 6mm ( 243) and 6.5 mm sizes ( 260 Rem) for now at least Both heavy barrel models with better and better scopes. They match up with my 22-250 M700 VLS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts