Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 200 yard range in my backyard so I don't use the public range that often. I had heard that our local range had made some improvements and I wanted to do some 300 yard shooting, so today I ventured out to the Douglas County F&G range.

Firdt thing I noticed was that all the old broken down wooden benches have been replaced with concrete block benches and the old wood shed has been replaced with a nice rain cover. The Office has been rebuilt and someone mowed the grass.

They even made some rifle racks so you don't have to lay your gun in the dirt like before.

I spent three hours there and only saw four other shooters. I was the only one using the three hundred yard range.

Range use is free but they ask for a donation. They provide targets and spotting scopes. The range is located just outside Superior, WI.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That's a pretty nice facility and a really good opportunity to have some fun. You really don't mind going when you have the place to yourself. Are all the guns in the rack yours?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SPStac said:
That's a pretty nice facility and a really good opportunity to have some fun. You really don't mind going when you have the place to yourself. Are all the guns in the rack yours?
The guns in the rack are mine. from left to right. 700 VLS 22-250, 76 Sportsman in 6mmBR, RRA 20 " Varmint, Rem 700 V .223

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SemperFi said:
Yeah that's a nice facility! How did the shooting go?
The shooting went well. I bought some Mag Tech primers and wanted to see how much difference there would be in my POI at 300 over my standard CCI loads. Turns out it didn't matter at all.

·
Registered
51 Posts
jerrschmitt said:
SPStac said:
The guns in the rack are mine. from left to right. 700 VLS 22-250, 76 Sportsman in 6mmBR, RRA 20 " Varmint, Rem 700 V .223
Very nice! The 20" barrel is more than enough on the AR. I got the 24" and it's a "hog" to pack around.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nice range shoot mate. Looks like fun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice facility - I may have to cross the bridge from Duluth and try it out!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mcgap said:
Nice facility - I may have to cross the bridge from Duluth and try it out!
Let me know when you want to go and I'll join you. They are only open Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts