Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old reliable 700 adl I bought a few years ago, well, its about hit the dust. The last time I went to the range, it wouldn't hold hardly silver dollar groups at 100 yards with ammo that it used to stack bullets with. I checked the throat and the rifling is almost gone plus the extractor which never worked that well anyways has about hit the dust also. So I have decided that its time for a make over. Ive been doing a bunch of research and I decided to keep the action but replace the bolt and everything else. So here is my list.
-Custom bolt with spiral fluting, sako ejector and 3 position safety integrated (for the non safety trigger). From Pacific tool and gauge (www.pacifictoolandgauge.com)
-Kreiger Barrel #10 MTU, fluted. Its a match contour barrel. I think 1-9 or 8 twist. Not sure though. Planning on reloading 60 grain match bullets for this rifle and keeping the fps around 3k...
-Bell and Carlson model 700 sa medalist varmint/ tactical stock.
- Timney model 700 match trigger 1-10 oz trigger pull
-Badger Tactical, Detachable box mag/ trigger guard assembly.(400 bucks OUCH!)
-and to finish Leupold mark 4 4.5-14x50mm ER/T M1 Front Focal Riflescope.
What do you think? Its about 3000 dollars worth of just materials, thats not including scope rings (leupold of course) and the gunsmithing fees. Although I have already figured in my barreling fees from Kreiger.
Have any other ideas of what I could change or also do?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for some reason I thought it way 1-10 oz, as you can see its 4-10 oz. Ive heard you can get an anshutz trigger that will fit on a 700 and they are very! light

·
Registered
526 Posts
varmint22slayer250 said:
That is interesting, what about a ar style ejector?
Here is the website for the trigger.
https://timneytriggers.com/timneystore/index.php?l=product_detail&p=14
That bolt from PT&G should be good to go with the Remington style extractor.

Because of the way a Remington bolt matches up to the barrel, a Remington extractor is the best way to go. (My opinion. Others may differ)

I haven't heard of using an Anshutz trigger on a 700. I have Jewell on one and a Shilen on another and like them both. I haven't used a Timney in years and know nothing about their match triggers, but for the price, I might just have to try them out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an anshutz on my anshutz .22 3 position rifle. They are in my opinion unbeatable in that platform. I have heard of people using them on 700s, but I have never shot a 700 with that trigger on it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts