Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ihave been using rcbs dies for years with no problems but since ive been sponsered by berger im noticeing inconsistant seating depths. what is the best dies i can use to correct this problem? i load .30cal 175 berger vld .

·
Registered
600 Posts
Have you tried the Redding Competition seater? I would try and figure out what's going on with your current die. Has it always been like that or did you change something and start noticing the inconsistent seating depths?

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
If you send 5 bullets to rcbs along with some money (I think it's around 30.00) they make a custom bushings for your seating die to match your bullets ogive.

Then all you have to do is swap out the bushings inside the die

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Are you measuring off the ogive? I have RCBS Comp dies and they do the job perfect.

·
Registered
526 Posts
swampthang said:
ihave been using rcbs dies for years with no problems but since ive been sponsered by berger im noticeing inconsistant seating depths. what is the best dies i can use to correct this problem? i load .30cal 175 berger vld .
If you're using VLD bullets you may need a different seater stem.

Or, just buy a Redding Competition seater

http://www.700rifle.com/forums/post.php?tid=1587&qid=12002

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the only thing i have changed is from sierra to berger. i have used rcbs full lenght, neck sizer and searing die for thousands of loads with very little if any movement in depth at the most 2thousanths. and thats if i get in a hurry . im leaning towards the redding die based on info recieved from berger technicians that you can but a vld seating stem. berger recommends them over all else but i figuerd the best info were from the guys that use them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts