Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I are thinking about splitting the cost of reloading supplies as we both shoot .308. I have NEVER reloaded or seen someone reload ANYTHING. where do i begin? What should we buy, what do we need?

help!!! :)

thanks.

·
Registered
403 Posts
jasonbourne said:
My brother and I are thinking about splitting the cost of reloading supplies as we both shoot .308. I have NEVER reloaded or seen someone reload ANYTHING. where do i begin? What should we buy, what do we need?

help!!! :)

thanks.
The way I got started was to buy the Lymans reloading manual 49th edition. This was a great resource and explained the nuts and bolts of the reloading process. Another resource is the internet. Youtube is really good as a search engine for reloading videos. If you have an old timer who has been reloading forever like I did and your friends with ask him about reloading. Your on the right track in asking questions and now what you have to do is the research. Its not difficult, but safety and total attention is key to reloading safely. Hope this helps a bit!

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the feedback and info. I'm definitely doing my research on this one more than ever since it's new to me. From what I gather a need a scale, press, dies, cases, primers, bullets and calipers.

If you think of anything else I need I'm with ears open :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Reloading is as much of a hobby as shooting. There are plenty of books and videos to show you how it is done. And it just isn't that big of a deal. Use published loads and don't do any witches brew mixing. Be safe and never stop learning.
I have been reloading for over thirty years and it seems that there is always a new "must have" tool or someting new to try.
Good luck. be safe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
good luck with your reloading. it is quite addictive. word of warning though. beware of loads posted on-line. there are many so-called "safe" loads on many sites that are down right dangerous. stick with the major bullet makers and powder companies data.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts