Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, does anyone know what the muzzle diameter is on a Rem 700 police 308 26" hb ?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is there any difference between a "Bull" Barrel and a "Heavy" Barrel? I'm looking at buying a new 700P (.308) with a 26" Heavy Barrel. Trying to discover the difference in barrels.

Is the stock 700P able to dissipate the heat well?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Navion,

I can't address the heat issue, but I'm breaking in a new 700P and love it. Definitely a keeper. Although it has the typical long throat that 700's are famous for, loading to 2.80 oal is extremely accurate.
What hp is your Navion? I use to fly a 225. Good old bird.

Steve

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Although it has the typical long throat that 700's are famous for, loading to 2.80 oal is extremely accurate.
You can buy extended internal box magazines that will allow loading rounds for these deep throated Remingtons to almost 3.000" (2.985 I believe). You can then take advantage of this long throat to shoot some 208 gr Hornady A-Max bullets. RL-17 is a great powder for this bullet if you try these.

BTW, you don't have to do anything tho the magazine if you don't mind "single loading". I just think a "Tactical Rifle" should have the ability to be fed from a magazine. Since I'm not a fan of DBM's for me that means the internal magazine. I just use the magazine floor plate extenders that add three more rounds to the capacity.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Glad I got back on this Forum. So much good information!
I have a 700 POLICE with the 26" bbl., and can't tell you what the answer to the OP's question is, but it has been very accurate the few times I've had it out to shoot. Match ammo worked extremely well. Any rifle is a better shot than I am! "Workin' on it, Boss..."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts