1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I have never seen one done but in theory if they round out the barrel by the muzzle area they can then thread it and put one on but it would probably look hella ugly and I wouldn't want to weaken the barrel that much. You are probably better having a smith drill vents or holes in the barrel in addition to the slots there now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jasonbourne said:
...but it would probably look hella ugly and I wouldn't want to weaken the barrel that much. You are probably better having a smith drill vents or holes in the barrel in addition to the slots there now.
1. Thanks for the opinion and the triangle barrel is pretty ugly as is. The brake I am looking at should compliment it though.

2. How would it weaken the barrel? A barrel with threads cut in is a barrel with threads cut in.

3. There are no slots in the barrel of a Tactical Target. You are think of the VTX or something.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
How much meat does the barrel have on the thin side of the triangle ? It might not be a good idea to thread it if there is not much left if threaded. Thats what I think jasonbourne is talking about .

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
1. I don't think thy look that bad in all honesty.
2. Winxp, that's exactly what I meant thanks :)
3. I stand corrected, I was thinking it was the other model but if that's the case maybe having a smith cut ports into it like the other model would help.

·
Registered
123 Posts
That thing looks like the Platypus of the rifle world.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts