Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I currently have the B24 that did not work well on the Rem 700 Long Range, but may work well for this build...

IMG_9590.jpg

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
FedEx just delivered this:

Edit: Unlike the Timney 510 trigger for the Rem 700, the 783 Timney trigger has a very thin trigger blade. I like the look and feel of the wider blade on the 510, than I do this blade. That said, the Timney for the 783 has no creep, and breaks nicely at a safe 3lbs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Finally an update; I am shelving the Boyd stock for now, even though I purchased a bottom metal unit for the rifle from Pacific Tool & Gauge. I just ordered a complete XLR Element 3.0 chassis for this build. The decision did not come lightly, as dropping a "G" on a $300 rifle that I have not even shot yet, was a heck of a wrestling match. However, I was PM'ing a member on the Snipers Hide forum, who has just such a setup, and he said he loves it, and highly recommended it. Chassis options are slim, with XLR having the better option (in my opinion). When it arrives, I believe I can finally get a shooting report published...

Here is the pic of the pre production model that XLR made for the 783:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well, looks like I will waiting even longer; due to C19, XLR is experiencing 12 - 18 weeks delay on all orders... Hopefully I will get my Rem 700 SPS back soon, so I can play a little bit...

·
Super Moderator
1,366 Posts
I went the PDN Gen IV route on one of my 700s. S/S 700 Receiver and Krieger 29" Heavy Varmint Contour Barrel with Break. .308 Palma Set Up. Bigs N Andy trigger Nightforce 8x32 BR Scope. 20 MOA Rail with Burris Signature Z Tactical rings.

.308 CHASSIS.jpg

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
While I am waiting for my chassis to arrive from XLR, I went ahead and took my original Boyds walnut stock, and PT&G bottom metal over to my gunsmith to have the stock milled for the metal. I may never mount this configuration together, and will probably sell the combo... As I have ordered a new barrel for the 783; an X-Caliber in 1:8 twist; M24 contour. This will go on the action, and sit in the XLR chassis for final assembly.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts