Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a guy on Gun Broker that has a new Remarms 700LR in 30-06. 26 inch barrel. Model number on Remarms site is
R84160 M700. Has anyone put thier hands on a new model 700 to see if the quality is up to par? My thought are to buy it, shorten the barrel to 22", thread it and put a Precision Armament M11 severe duty muzzle brake on it. New trigger as well. Not that I need another 06 but would like to build a new one to replace my custom Mauser 98.

· Administrator
726 Posts
I haven't seen much on quality. One guy said a rifle had some extraction issues. You seem to have the general issues with Remington's figured out. Trigger, stock (this ones good). I would suggest if you purchase this rifle you make sure everything is working correctly and the accuracy is good before you make any modifications. Just in case. Also, check the warranty to make sure it's not limited to the first purchaser.

Reactions: rpmranch

· Registered
22 Posts
Found a guy on Gun Broker that has a new Remarms 700LR in 30-06. 26 inch barrel. Model number on Remarms site is
R84160 M700. Has anyone put thier hands on a new model 700 to see if the quality is up to par? My thought are to buy it, shorten the barrel to 22", thread it and put a Precision Armament M11 severe duty muzzle brake on it. New trigger as well. Not that I need another 06 but would like to build a new one to replace my custom Mauser 98.
I have a new RemArms 700 SPS Tactical 6.5 Creedmoor 22" AAC (Model R84204). Has a 5-R barrel. It has been very good so far (about 100 rounds through it). The 6.5 CM is an accurate round and my rifle shoots it well. Some pics to help:
Rectangle Line Red Pattern Symmetry
Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Gun barrel
Rectangle Font Pattern Creative arts Symmetry

Font Rectangle Pattern Symmetry Parallel
Font Rectangle Pattern Parallel Triangle

Hand loading helps with accuracy, but the rifle seems to be doing its job. Mine is stock except for a muzzle break, bipod and scope. Stock trigger around three pounds. Pillar-bedded stock not the best, but doesn't seem to be affecting accuracy. And, I like how it feels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts