700Rifle.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The web site is up for the firearms entity and the Remington Ammo web site is also on line. Will be interesting to see if and when any of this stuff is available.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
Interesting that the products include the 783. I thought that it was originally the Marlin XS7 and XL7 and came out of Huntsville.

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will be interesting to see if they actually start up and what they actually produce. As it stands the Custom Shop at Dakota Arms is closed.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
Man, that is a shame. I wondered what was going to happen to them. I bet they pull everything back to NY, if they even have a "Custom Shop"..

·
Registered
128 Posts
The custom shop was all crated/box up & shipped to Illion, New York. Some equipment is still in South Dakota.

All of Marlin is now owned by Ruger and new production will be in North Carolina. What's so funny 20 miles from Ruger plant are Remington Arms North Carolina offices, customer service is back up and some of those employees have been sent to Huntsville, Alabama where the 1911 were being built.

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The people at Dakota Arms did a much better job running the custom shop that Ilion had done for the last 10 years or so. Since Tim McCormick left it was not the same.

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts