Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
700-308 Magpul Edition
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

New member here! Excited to be a part of this group. I do have a question regarding my rifle. The rifle is cerekoted black from the factory and it looks great.
My question is when i run my bolt the brass kicks out and hits the receiver just enough to nick the coating every time. I know most people will say its a tool and just deal with it and I agree to a point, just wonder if anyone has any similar situations occur and how they have remedied this? I know I could simply put a piece of tape or something like that on it but 馃槙 I want it to look nice. Also I have another 700 in the same stock and it doesn't hit the receiver, I guess could try and change the extractor and see if it alters the throw of the brass.

thanks in advance

Super Moderator
Welcome to the group. Maybe a dab of flat black paint?

Super Moderator
I would look at the ejector spring and maybe change it out for another. But the brass ejection is tied to bolt speed so it鈥檚 a timing issue.

Registered
700-308 Magpul Edition
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would look at the ejector spring and maybe change it out for another. But the brass ejection is tied to bolt speed so it鈥檚 a timing issue.
I am going to try one from Midway, they claim its better than factory.

Thanks

Registered
Hello.

New member here! Excited to be a part of this group. I do have a question regarding my rifle. The rifle is cerekoted black from the factory and it looks great.
My question is when i run my bolt the brass kicks out and hits the receiver just enough to nick the coating every time. I know most people will say its a tool and just deal with it and I agree to a point, just wonder if anyone has any similar situations occur and how they have remedied this? I know I could simply put a piece of tape or something like that on it but 馃槙 I want it to look nice. Also I have another 700 in the same stock and it doesn't hit the receiver, I guess could try and change the extractor and see if it alters the throw of the brass.

thanks in advance
My gunsmith said he likes to see those marks. It shows you鈥檝e shot the rifle. A lot of people start modifying without shooting it first. I felt like you when I saw them, now I see it as normal wear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts