Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm a newbie to this site but I've been checking it out and getting lots of good info. But ive got a question for the masses.. I just got a 700 AAC-SD .308, I'm going to get a Konus M30 8.5x32x52. I am almost certain I will need higher than average mounts to accommodate the 52mm part of the tube, can you guys recommend and good reasonably priced mounts that'll work well in this application and keep this scope off my barrel and bolt handle? Don't wanna order the wrong stuff and have to go through returning stuff..

Thank you all!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
One additional question to ask is if you intend to put flip up caps on the scope, my 50mm bushnell 6500 works great with medium rings but I put lower mounting at a higher priority than being able to add the caps.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Infantry, I have the exact rifle and scope setup your going to do. I went with the leupold mark 4's in high. The medium would fit the barrel but the bolt handle was a little close for my liking. They run about $140-160 but they make a world of difference. Another brand that would do ya good are warne tactical and Burris extremes.

Post pics when you can and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don't you guys get a neck strain when you do high mounting? Are there any advantages for using high mounting versus mounting it as low as your scope can fit?

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
The majority will say the lower the better. The farthest I've shot is only 200 yards so i might not be on the money with what im going to say but IMO as long as you have a good solid optic mounted with solid rings and base I don't see how height would effect it much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts