Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out if the AAC-50 is short action or long action. Looking to upgrade to a choate or accurate international stock and put a nice scope on it. just needed that detail as I forgot to look on the box.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Actually thats all the website states that the AAC-SD's only come in .308 so you defiantly have a short action.

Oh and welcome to the forum ! :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
We are gonna need a range report when
you get it up and running. I'm anxious to see
how that 20 inch 10 twist barrel shoots.
Good luck with it and let us know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will do, I'll let you know once I get back for good from Baghdad! I bought it while I was on R&R and didn't even get a chance to take it to the range. I also know I want to get a choate tactical stock, bushnell 4200 scope, harris bipod. You know all the standard accessories for a long range.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I say this. As long as you can stablize a 175 smk through a 20 inch 1-12 barrel then your good to go. Also velocity will dictate how far you can shoot. So as long as you can get above 2600 with 175 smk or keep the bullet over 1126 fps out to 1000 your good to go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
awesome, anybody know which choate tactical stock i should by for the sps? kind of hard guessing while i'm in iraq and can't see the gun to figure out if its adl/bdl. trying to order it off midwayusa.com

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
600 Posts
That will work! With the Rem 700 SA you have a lot of stock options. Accuracy International, McMillan, Manners, HS Precision, McRee, JP Enterprises.. the list goes on and on. Unless you really fall in love with a particular stock its best to try and fiddle with a few of them first. Hard to do when your away from home I know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts