Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m sure a million people have asked this question, so being a newbie to this forum, I’ll be number 1,000,001.

I have 2 Remington 700 BDL rifles and while I’ve looked up the “correct procedures” for identifying the date of production off the good old intro web, I’m a little confused, so I’m just looking for some help….please and thank you!

The 1st rifle is a REM 700 BDL 222 REM and it’s marked ( D B N 14) serial #215566. From what I found, it’s a Jan 1966 production and the D is the repair mark? It was sent back for a trigger fix at one point when REM had a recall.

The 2nd rifle is a REM 700 BDL 6mm REM and it’s marked ( 88 D N (6)) serial #234752. The 6 is actually in a 3/4 circle. I am totally lost on this one. It was sent back also for a trigger fix at one point when REM had a recall.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks again in advance.

Book Office supplies Writing implement Pen Publication

Wood Font Trigger Rectangle Publication

·
Administrator
638 Posts
BN Jan 1966
DN Sept 1966

Unfortunately I can't tell what is a repair mark. I don't have familiarity with rifles that old.

Reactions: Thomas Rogers

·
Administrator
638 Posts
If it follows the system 88 is final inspector and the circled 6 is an assembly code. May be reversed. D is inspector and 14 is assembly code on the first.

When Remington did the trigger recall the last time, 2014, they marked the repair on the trigger with a punch. Nothing on the barrel. " Upon return of your rifle, you will note a punch mark on the bolt release (see Photo 3 below). This mark confirms your rifle has been inspected and specialty cleaned under this recall program."

Reactions: Thomas Rogers
1 - 5 of 5 Posts