Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally picked up my Remington 700 ADL in .264WM.

Is there anywhere stamped on them the date of manufacture ? I know it was produced somewhere between 1964 and 1970. The Serial number does not have an 'A' prefix which is supposed to mean something ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you look on the left side of the barrel near the receiver you will see a two letter code such as BR or PD. The letters you see will be two of the letters from the word "BLACKPOWDERX". Once you find those two letters you can go to google and type in something like "Remington Barrel date codes" or "Remington Blackpowderx", and you will find a site that lets you look at your two letters and find the month and year of manufacture. Notice that Blackpowderx has 12 characters so every month is covered. If I was computer smart I would attach a copy of the table for you. Maybe someone else out there can do it. Hope this answers your question.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Code4 said:
Finally picked up my Remington 700 ADL in .264WM.

Is there anywhere stamped on them the date of manufacture ? I know it was produced somewhere between 1964 and 1970. The Serial number does not have an 'A' prefix which is supposed to mean something ?
How does it shoot? Dad had a BDL .264 from the same time frame. We eventually shot the bbl. out of it. He ended up raffling it off in the late 70s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts