Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
281 - 300 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Starting to get good groups. Started reloading hornady 168 gr BTHP 43 gr. Hogdon varget Remington match brass 200 CCI primers
SPS .308 SWFA Super Sniper x10 fixed Burris tactical 30 mm rings. Rodale mussel break and factory trigger. Promag archangel stock. KRG bolt lift

I'll have to work on the 200 yard groups. But I'm a work in progress. A lot of good tips on this forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Finally decided that this "build" is finished. Now I'm going to just shoot it and have a ball.

It now sports a NightForce 12-42X56 NXS. This pic was taken with a 8-32X50 Meoptics "Private Label" scope that is my backup. It now sits on top of my .223 that looks exactly like this .308 with the exception of the muzzle brake.

Action-Remington 700 SS
PTG One-Piece spiral fluted bolt with M-16 extractor
Timney 520 CE trigger
B&C #2094 stock
Accushot Monopod, Quick Adjust, rail mounted
Sinclair Tactical Bipod w/ Tactical Supply Bipod "Talons"
Tactical Components Magazine box extension (7 Round total)
Benchmark 24" 5-C barrel w/Sendero (sort of) profile chambered with a "Lapua no-turn" Match reamer.
Witt Machine Muzzle Brake.

Shoots sub-1/4 MOA with almost boring regularity. So much so I never shoot it at yardage less than 200 yards :) :)

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Looks pretty bad ass DS.
More than just 'looks'

Here's target from this last Tuesday. A five shot group at 300 yards. The "flyer" was my last shot and I knew I flubbed it the moment it left the barrel. The other four got real cozy though.

BTW, this barrel has had a couple thousand rounds through it as well. I sure do like Benchmark Barrels.

The load for those interested is

175 gr SMK
42 gr IMR 4064
Lapua Brass
Tula LR Primer
2.820" COAL.

A pretty close clone of the MK316 Mod 0 round that replaced the M118LR.

·
Registered
17 Posts
well it started life as a sps270W so i suppose it qualifies

rem 700 long action
chamber 260R
barrel MADCO 26" SENDERO profile 26 1/4" 1:8 twist threaded muzzle
B&C M40 stock
over size recoil lug
JEWELL trigger
cerakoated
SEEKINS 20MOA rail and rings
NIGHTFORCE NXS 5.5-22X56 MOART

Plant Sky Cloud Plant community Ecoregion

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just bought an SPS in .308 and put a Nikon scope on it. Shot 60rnds through it so far. Great grouping at 100yds, now gotta get out to the best of the west and see how I do at longer range. They have a 1000yd range there that I'd like to qualify. Baby steps.

281 - 300 of 341 Posts