Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
321 - 340 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts

Still a work in progress. Working on getting the glass replaced. Calvin Elite trigger getting here Tuesday along with a castle nut.
SPS T in .308, barrel threaded for SEI Vortex, MDT LSS with long pic rail, Bobro Gen I. Badger Ord 20 MOA rail and rings bedded to receiver, SWFA SS 3-9x42 FFP. Trijicon RMR mounted to forward rings. Magpul MIAD, CTR, 3/4" riser, MDT adjustable recoil pad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll add my SPS Tactical to the ranks. Mine is pretty standard .308 with Vortex Viper 6.5-20 x 44 BDC scope. I did modify the Hogue stock to fit the Magpul Bottom Metal Magazine Well though. I have a little CNC mill I used for the mod and that improved the functionality of the gun quite a bit for not a whole bunch of money! In fact, I had so much fun doing that little mod, I'm looking for other little things to improve :)

View attachment 4257

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
What model did you end up with? I like the jeweled bolt.
Doom:
I got the 700 SPS Tactical 6.5 Creedmoor 22" AAC (Model R84204). Barrel is a 5-R! Happy about that. Hope it shoots. Waiting on scope and rings. Took your advice and went with EGW 20 MOA rail. Stock is Hogue pillar bedded. But, I really like the feel of it. We'll see how it affects accuracy. Also, the trigger breaks at a little over three pounds. I like it and will leave it alone, at least for now. Thank you for your help.
Vr
Vinny D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got it all put together. Range report is positive. Got sub-MOA with factory ammo. Very happy. I'd say the quality is still here with the new Remingtons. The 5R barrel works. Ready to hand load, but can't find "large rifle primers" anywhere (hen's teeth)!
Pen Rectangle Font Office supplies Ammunition
Office supplies Rectangle Font Pen Writing implement

321 - 340 of 341 Posts