Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have searched and contacted Remington in regards to finding some information about the early TWS. Remington stated that the TWS has changed over time.

"Our scope ring vendors have changed over time, however, currently we are supplying our 700P LTR is Badger Ordnace rings. The height would be determined by which scope was applied at the time of the firearms manufacture."

Does anybody have an exact list by part number of what came in the early Remington 700 TWS system?

Which Leopold standard base was used? Standard or Long Range? I haven't found the answer to this one yet.

Which ring height? Low or Medium?

It appears from another forum that the rings are medium height and the part number is 49901.
"I've had a good look at the Leupold 'medium rings' (.770) 49901 scope mount that the scope is mounted to the rifle on and it is nice and low and I'm guessing a 'shim' could always be employed if necessary."
http://www.sniperforums.com/forum/o...-700p-tws-leupold-vari-x-iii-3-5-10x40mm.html

How about the height/model of bipod?
I found a picture of the packing list for a Reminton 700 TWS on Gunbroker which gives the following part number for the bipod:
96117 Bi-pod Assembly. Which is a standard commercial Harris 1A2-L Ultralight 9-13" smooth leg, non-swivel. Part number 96117.

The photo also gives the sling part number as 97094 Sling Strap Assembly, and a trigger lock 201392 -Trigger Loc -

The earlier scopes were Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10x40mm Scope with Duplex Reticle. (1")

It came with a Pelican 1750 case.

I hope the above will help someone.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have searched and contacted Remington in regards to finding some information about the early TWS. Remington stated that the TWS has changed over time.

"Our scope ring vendors have changed over time, however, currently we are supplying our 700P LTR is Badger Ordnace rings. The height would be determined by which scope was applied at the time of the firearms manufacture."

Does anybody have an exact list by part number of what came in the early Remington 700 TWS system?

Which Leopold standard base was used? Standard or Long Range? I haven't found the answer to this one yet.

Which ring height? Low or Medium?

It appears from another forum that the rings are medium height and the part number is 49901.
"I've had a good look at the Leupold 'medium rings' (.770) 49901 scope mount that the scope is mounted to the rifle on and it is nice and low and I'm guessing a 'shim' could always be employed if necessary."
Re: Remington 700p TWS with Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10x40mm

How about the height/model of bipod?
I found a picture of the packing list for a Reminton 700 TWS on Gunbroker which gives the following part number for the bipod:
96117 Bi-pod Assembly. Which is a standard commercial Harris 1A2-L Ultralight 9-13" smooth leg, non-swivel. Part number 96117.

The photo also gives the sling part number as 97094 Sling Strap Assembly, and a trigger lock 201392 -Trigger Loc -

The earlier scopes were Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10x40mm Scope with Duplex Reticle. (1")

It came with a Pelican 1750 case.

I hope the above will help someone.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts