700Rifle.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my Remington 700P in .308 Winchester.

Leupold MK 4 10x40 LR/T M3 w/Tactical Mount and Rings
Military Sling
Harris Bipod
Eagle Stock Pack

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nice rifle mate. Very nice indeed. Have any range pics??

·
Registered
795 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

That's a nice rifle! Did you go with medium height rings on that? I have a 50mm Mark 4 and I used high rings on it, but I'm thinking about going to medium height as there is a good bit of space between the scope and barrel.

And range pics would be nice. I want to see that that baby can do! :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Affirmative on the medium rings. However, I still had to stick a piece of foam under the stock pack in order to get the correct cheek weld.

I'm not real big on taking pics, usually have enough on my mind just shooting correctly. I will be spending a lot of time behnd the trigger over the holidays and I'll try to bring you all back a pic or two.

In the meantime, here is a 100 yard target with 5 shot group from sandbag rest:

Load Data:

Bullet: Sierra 168 gr BTHP
Brass: Federal
Trim-to-Length: 2.015"
Primer: Federal 210 GM
Powder: Varget
Charge: 41.9 gr
COL: 2.800"
Avg Velocity: 2,538 fps
SD: 9.69
ES: 22.84

Conditions: 86 degrees, Sunny, Wind ESE 5-10 mph

The rifle does much better at velocities up around 2,650 fps and above which is why I've been using 42.6 gr of IMR 4895 but keeping the other components the same.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Beautiful rifle! What type of mat is that? I like the cartridge loops, and the pack, (rest). Is it all attached? Bill T.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The mat shown is made by Condor Outdoors and was originally purchased from Cheaper than Dirt, which they no longer carry. However Galati International makes one that appears to be very close. The best deal I've seen for the Galati mat is at opsgear.com.

Mine has two removeable and interchangeable panels, both with zippered pockets. There is cleaning rod pocket also that will accomidate up to a 46" rod. I don't think that the Galati has that feature.

These mats are MOLLE compatable so you can hang additional MOLLE compatable pockets on the outside. I use two SAW 200 round pockets. One to hold my cleaning/maintenance kit and the 2nd to hold binoculars, rangefinder, etc.

Throw a closed cell GI foam mat under it and you can lay there for hours regardless of the terrain.

;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts