700Rifle.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI, VISTA that not owns Remington Ammo also owns the "Remington" name and has licensed it to new owners RoundHill LLC. Roundhill has received their manufactures FFL for Remington Firearms from ATF. The Remington plant @ Illion plant engineers are to return to work this week to begin getting the plant up & running. So far those employee's that have accepted offers are to return by either month end or early March, their are firearms in the plant that can be assembled.

Roundhill LLC doesn't have firearms experience but this is somewhat good news, Prior Remington Arms President Ken D'Arcy is now with Roundhill so will have to wait and see his influence on production & product line. What is puzzling to us is their appears to be Vista participation is reviving Remington Firearms? I view that as excellent news as their 80,000,000 bid for Remington Ammo was a cash offer. Remington ammo estimate value was 120 million. Vista has enough capital that could benefit Remington firearms.

Remington Ammo is almost up to pull production of plant capability, its been years since the plant has run @ full capacity producing ammo.

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
Glad that we can expect to see Remington Ammo again. I am not holding my breath on the firearms recovery, but am hoping for the best.

Bob

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since the Custom Shop parts returned to Illion you can fly to the plant for your next order and be sure to take pictures for the forum.

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
I have been to Ilion many times and would be happy to do that. Since the Ilion Custom Shop personnel were offered packages to get out, back when they moved it to Dakota Arms, it will be interesting to see if they get any or them back or if any from Dakota will move to NY.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts