Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This rifle started life as a Remmington modle 721 hunting rifle. I had a smith re-work the action, install a fluted 30" fluted barrel with 1 in 10 twist. It is 1.250" at the reciever and tapers down to 1" at the muzzle. It is alumacoated in OD green. It has a custom brake installed and manufactured by the smith. It has the factory trigger which has been massaged by the smith (approximately 9 oz. trigger pull) It has a US Optics 20 moa base. It has a Bell and Carlson stock with aluminum bedding block and has had some inletting to accommodate the barrel and the bottom metal. It has detachable mags. (it will come with two 10 round mags) the bottom metal was a conversion picked up at Cabelas. It does not come with scope, bipod, or sling. The stock has been laser engraved with an elk silhouette and "Pringle Poachers Association" and "NIGHT TIME IS THE RIGHT TIME" on the forend of the stock....long story :)

I have recently purchased a custom 6.5 creedmoor in a stiller action and bartlein barrel in an AI stock, so this one has been relegated to a safe queen. It will also include 100 rounds of Norma brass and 100 rounds of Berger 150 grain boat tail hollow points and the load data that I was using. It has about 1000 rounds down the tube.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is one of the accushot units. I personally wasn't a fan though. It worked great off a bench, but put it in the dirt and it becomes very unstable. I was used to the one on my Barrett model 99 and that thing is solid as a rock, I ended up just taking the mono-pod off and using a rear bag....much more stable. (by the way your wife said it was ok if you want to buy it!;))

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Hognuts, i don't think what you said will hold up when she kills me with my own side arm lol. I am heading to the range over the next few days and I'm going to show this post to some guys that I know are in the market for a tack driver and are single to boot lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, appreciated! Lol on the wife thing, yeah I heard you, my wife definitely grows weary of my "expensive hobbies"!!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
is the 721 still for sale. i know its an old post. if so do you have any groups it has shot.amd a current price

1 - 7 of 7 Posts