Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am new to this forum as I just picked up my Remington 700 SPS in .308. I own a Saiga .223 and was shooting a body size target at 900 yards with it when I decided I need to upgrade and start getting a little more serious with my shooting.

(Yes, I know 900 yards with a .223 is a long way for that little bullet to travel) I was lobbing them in at best and they probably would have bounced off the target but still, 900 yards was decent!

You know, those zombies aren't going to kill themselves....

I live in Reno, Nevada and noticed thier are some members here from the Sacramento area. Anyone from Reno area by chance? I am looking for someone to go shooting with every now and again as I work on dialing in and upgrading this 700 to my liking.

If you have never been there, the Washoe County Regional Shooting Facility here in Nevada is a really great place to shoot with targets on the normal everyday range up to 300 yards as well as some dongers on the hills that go up to 900 yards plus.

They also have a long range setup but I think you need to make reservations for those with a group of people as they are 1000 yard target ranges.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I spent a bit of time over in Fallon and love that area. Lots of good long range shooting up there. Used to be plenty of coyotes but I think I killed them all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I typically have not gone hunting for varmint, coyotes or any other animal. I am interested in hunting for deer or other game at least once in my life time but not a big fan of it...... yet.

Fallon, otherwise referred to as "Falabama" by the locals, is a nice place. The range I go to is on the north west side of Reno sort of by Pyramid Lake. Really nice range, the only down side is the sometimes very frequent range breaks to service targets when it is a bit busy.

Everything else is great. Here are some of the highlights of Washoe County Regional Shooting facility:
  • $7.00 to shoot all day with as many weapons as you want to bring (or clean :lol:)
    Friendly staff/range master
    Rifle, shotgun and handgun ranges of all shapes sizes and calibers
    300 yard targeted stands with dongers in the hills out to 950 yards
    1000 yard targeted range if you make a reservation with a group all shooting long distance
    Spotting Scope/Eyes/Ears rentals
    Targets are fairly cheap[/*]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts