Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much thought I am looking into getting a muzzle break for my SPS Tactical .308. I love this rifle in almost every respect, but the muzzle jump is really annoying. It is almost impossible to keep the scope on target without repositioning after every shot.

After getting some info from Winxpman I have been looking at the Roedale C21.5 muzzle break. The beauty of this unit is that it is a clamp on break and no threading of barrel is needed to attach. Here is a picture of the unit and it may not be the most appealing of looks, but if it works like they say it does I would be more then happy!

Here is a link to a guy that has one installed and currently using and from what he states reduces felt recoil by 50%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6OUpVCYYDk

The retail from their site says $150.00 Euros which translates to about $180 to $190 USD and after tax and ship is about $240 USD. Little pricy, but by the time you buy a break, send it to a compitent smith and add his services could exceed this purchase and this ones DIY. Just thought I would add this for all to digest if you are looking for a break and It look very certain that this will get ordered shortly after Christmas! :)

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I'm going to Pay for mine on monday :) can't wait to use it :)

As for looks I think it actually look like a really nice muzzle break.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
well just ordered the Break I will post a review when I get the break in my hands :D

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Winxp_Man said:
well just ordered the Break I will post a review when I get the break in my hands :D
Let me know how long it takes for you to get it please? BTW how did you order it? Did you call or order via their website? Thanks buddy!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I sure will let you know how long it will take to get it to my front door. I ordered in online through their web site.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm too waiting for shipping approval about 4weeks already so i sent them a few e-mails and finally got a response they tell me that someone got into their email account and stuffed it up causing them to lose all their info and what not.
But he informed me that everthing is back on track and should be sent off the first week of January so don't be suprised if it takes a little longer.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
well their web site states that the approval takes about 14 days. But I will have in time from spring shooting :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I received an e-mail from Roedale on Tuesday saying that the brakes were back from the coating shop and will be sent shortly? So I'll just have to keep waiting i suspose.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
You guys are more patient than me, by now I would of bought a different one or if I had the money, fly there and pick it up lol

I really hope it's worth the wait and you guys enjoy it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jasonbourne said:
You guys are more patient than me, by now I would of bought a different one or if I had the money, fly there and pick it up lol

I really hope it's worth the wait and you guys enjoy it.
If the range report from Winxp_Man is favorable on this brake I am placing my order pronto! He's the Guinea pig for this experiment and were the curious onlookers! Hope it works as advertised......

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Well I just got an email about 15 minutes ago that Roedale is shipping my muzzle brake out today. I will have a tracking number tomorrow when Pete gets back to work. I should have mine shortly can't wait!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Winxp_Man said:
Well I just got an email about 15 minutes ago that Roedale is shipping my muzzle brake out today. I will have a tracking number tomorrow when Pete gets back to work. I should have mine shortly can't wait!
Still waiting for mine since 26/11/2010 don't know whats going on but if yours is on it's way i can only assume and hope mine is too? :(:(

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Shoot them an email. This is the email I have been using to communicate with them [email protected]
make sure to include your full order info.

About 5 minutes ago I got my tracking number. It was shipped yesterday so I guess about 5 days until the brake makes it to my door step :D

Man I'm doin back flips right now :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi Nathan,.
sorry about the delay, but the PVD coating company put the wrong colour on the brakes ( they came back gold !!) and they had to go back for re coating, this came over the Xmas period and we expect the brakes bacn end of this week and can finaly deliver,
sorry about the delay.

regards Pete Lincoln

Here's the e-mail i received today about my order I made in November 2010?????
NOT HAPPY AT ALL WITH ROEDALE DEFINATELY WILL PUT ME OFF BUYING 4 MORE FOR MY OTHER RIFLES:mad:

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Ya thats a mirage strip holder. I just got the brake in today :D cant wait to use it now. I will post pics asap.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts