Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here.
I recently bought a MINT condition sendero in 7mm RUM. While adjusting for the lands on hand loads tonight, I decided to try to load the rifle for whatever reason. The rounds will not fit past the feed lips on the receiver to keep the rounds in the magazine. When I measured my brass it meets the saami spec outlined in my nosler book, so I don’t think it is the brass. I also was able to load some of my 300 rum rounds inside the 7mm rum magazine with no trouble. The 7mm rounds will even fit into the 300 rum magazine. Bottom line is I can only shoot the sendero as a single shot at this time and would like to be able to load the magazine. Right now it feels like trying to put 10 gauge shell in a 12 gauge receiver. I’m unsure of the solution so or what I should do next, short of taking it to a gunsmith. I’ve looked the the HS precision feed lip tool. Looking for some wisdom from someone who knows more than me. Thank you in advance.

·
Administrator
608 Posts
I’m having trouble understanding the problem. Maybe a picture or two would help? What is the cartridge overall length?

·
Administrator
608 Posts
While adjusting for the lands on hand loads tonight, I decided to try to load the rifle for whatever reason.
I suspect from considering the above the round is too long to fit through the guide rails.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Will factory rounds feed into your chamber from the magazine? Can you take just 1 round and place it in the magazine and then push the bolt forward will it pick up the round and feed it into the chamber? Check your bolt face to see if there is any brass residue in it. Can you close the bolt freely with no round to feed in the chamber? Where exactly is the cartridge you loaded getting hung up? Does it clear the magazine or not? You said you shoot it single shot. Will the round feed up out of the magazine or do 6pu have to put the round in the chamber by holding the rifle down and dropping the cartridge in the barrel?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts