Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ive been doing alot of 1K shooting lately. What I have realized it my Leupold mk4 turrets are not perfectly aligned with the reticle. At first i aligned my reticle and shot and when i dialed for elevation it introduced un wanted windage and vise-versa.So i put a degree finder on the top turret and found that when the reticle was perfectly aligned the scope had a 3 degree cant to the right. Tomorrow I'll be on the phone with leupold about getting it fixed. As it stands now I can either level the turrets and have accurate dialing adjustmens, or level the cross hairs and have a accurate mil-reticle.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
It can happen. Also I was reading about this issue and the person that wrote re write up said the maximum can't shoult be 1 degree + -. I can't wait to see what my scope does at 1000 how much cant there is if any. Post what Leupold tells you.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spoke with leupold, they asked what I used to determine there was a 3 degree error in the alignment. I told them I used a digital incline meter, and double checked it with a mechanical one off the flat machined surface on the top turret, and that I had range data to support my findings. They said "wow.... thats better than what most people call and say( it looks wrong)." Then they said not a problem, if we cant "true it" we'll replace it @ no cost to you. 2 week turn around time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts