Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this question has been asked more than once. I am new to rifles and just purchased a Remington 700 SPS Varmint .308. I don't know much about optics/scopes and wonder if and what people might recommend. It will be used for 200-400yrd. range shooting. I would like to spend really no more $400 right now. Thank you for your info.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Redfield seems to be good and I think anything Leupold is a good buy and the quality is outstanding. I like Leupold, and Redfields too, because they are made in the good ol' USA!

I just got the Leupold Mk4 for my 700P, and love it.

Welcome to the site!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
About two months ago a got a Rem 5R (308) with an Osprey 10 - 40 X 50 ($220.00 scope). I shot several hundred rounds with it and the scope did very well. The scope impressed several long range shooters who had 50+ years experience. They liked the reticle and how it clicked from a 200 yds zero to 500, then 800 and back to 200 with a zero MOA rail. The optics looked good also.

Maybe I just got a good one, I don't know about any others.

Just just got a NF NXS 12 - 42 X 56 and will see if it is worth the big bucks difference.

jt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just wanted to add:
I don't know if a 10 - 40 X 50 scope would qualify as a tactical scope.
Too hard for quick target acquisition?
I just target shoot from mostly a prone position; so far.

jt

·
Registered
639 Posts
The Bushnell 3200 5-15x40 Tactical is a good scope. I used one to shoot to 900m at clay targets. Great for the money. I just bought one for my .22LR Trainer build. Only 40MOA of adjustment but more then enough to get to 800m w/ a 20MOA base.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts