Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up an SPS-SS in .257 Weatherby and now I need to throw a scope on it. I think I have my choices narrowed to a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44, or a Leupold VXIII 4.5-14. I could go with the LR version of the VXIII with the side focus, or the standard 1" tube version without AO. Looking at the B&C reticle or maybe the Varmint Hunter in the Leupy, or one of the Rapid-Z's in the Zeiss.

Any thoughts? Anything else I might want to look at? Trying to keep it around $800 or less.

·
Registered
190 Posts
buy the nikon buckmaster 4.5x14 side ao with bdc and pocket the change. :D for under 300.00
I have had one for years now and has been dragged from pillar to post, still works great and is
exceptionally bright and clear. GREAT SCOPE ,GREAT PRICE, GREAT WARRANTY. :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
I love the Leupold VX3. You could even get the new CDS dials to match your load and then you just turn the dial to the range and sent it on it way.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up going with the Zeiss 4.5-14x44, with the #20 (standard duplex) reticle.

·
Registered
47 Posts
BK said:
I picked up an SPS-SS in .257 Weatherby and now I need to throw a scope on it. I think I have my choices narrowed to a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44, or a Leupold VXIII 4.5-14. I could go with the LR version of the VXIII with the side focus, or the standard 1" tube version without AO. Looking at the B&C reticle or maybe the Varmint Hunter in the Leupy, or one of the Rapid-Z's in the Zeiss.

Any thoughts? Anything else I might want to look at? Trying to keep it around $800 or less.
Ive got the same Zeiss on a heavy barreled 243. Love it. My first Zeiss as I have mostly used Leupolds and a couple of the newer Redfields on some carry rifles.

I think you'll like the Zeiss...I know I do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts