Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys here is pics of the targets that I shot with my measurements and OnTarget measurements. I have a Remmy 700 SPS Tactical with 5r take off stock, EGW 20MOA base, Warne Mid rings, Hawke 4.5-14x42 scope and Harris Swivel Bi-pod.

The rounds that I know were flyers i did not include in the measurements you should be able to see that in the pics. I also have all the info on the reloads and weather written on the target for those of you that want to try out the loads :D

enjoy!

·
Registered
109 Posts
That 4064 is doing you well, 43-ish looks like you're close to the sweet spot. I'm running Varget because of the -20 to 70 degree weather difference, as I have heard that it isn't as sensitive to temperature differences as 4064. Have you (or anyone else) heard this?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i did...... the Varget seems to have less recoil to for me anyways. around 44.5-.7 of varget is real good to. What happened with the fliers is i got excited and pulled the trigger instead of squeezing it. When I saw through the scope how good the first three rounds went on a few of the groups it was worse for me than seeing a real nice buck hahahahahaha.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah, target anxiety will get ya! I find myself falling for it at times. Leaves me with the "I need more practice" excuse for my wife.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hahahahahaha for sure hehe.

I have some beger 175's I will try also and some 155 SMK's that I also have at hand.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm planning on working up some 165 and 180 grain Accubonds to see what they'll do. Have you used either?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No I havent tried either one. I might go for the 180 and even the 190 maybe. But for 1000 yards the 175 is fine and I only have a 20 inch BB on my remmy right now. might try the 190 at 1000 when i up grade my barrel on it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Winxp_Man said:
No I havent tried either one. I might go for the 180 and even the 190 maybe. But for 1000 yards the 175 is fine and I only have a 20 inch BB on my remmy right now. might try the 190 at 1000 when i up grade my barrel on it.
This is awesome! Looks like Lincoln's Dillman range or maybe SVSS. So when are we going out to kill some targets?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i just got some berger bullets that I want to work some loads up for you have any good load info for the 175 berger Match Hunting round ? Oh and are you by any chance a member at Lincoln ? if not maybe a trip to Sac Valley for longer ranges :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts