Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you use log books when you shoot?

I've been looking at them on-line, and there seems to be some variation about what types of info on collects when shooting.

A popular one I found was this one: http://www.stormtactical.com/pages.htm

I'm not exactly sure how to really use one either. Looking at some of the pages above, it seems like they plot each shot on a grid in that manual? I know they write information down such as temperature and other shooting condition as well as what load/caliber you are shooting. But I'm sure what else it would be used for beyond what I mentioned above.

I'm curious to know how many of you guys use one and if it's a worthwhile thing to do.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
639 Posts
I use one for Fullbore. Its good so you can remember setting(s) on your scope/sights and how good you rifle(s) shoots at a particular range aswell. If you have an issue, you have a hardcopy of what was happening the last time you were shooting and then you can diganose the probelm a bit better. Grab a decent one though.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have 2 Storm Tactical data books. Great gobs of information as well. There is a CD that's included with every book that contains instructions on how to use the book as well as the targets you can print that's used in the book.

1 is printed on plain paper - I don't recommend this one.

The other is printed on card stock - this one I do recommend.

Mart is great to deal with. He supports the troops (snipers) deploying by GIVING them data books gratis.

A company deserving of support.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts