Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Administrator
726 Posts
I'm afraid you are going to have a hard time finding any iron sights. RemArms hasn't shown any inclination to supply spare parts and references all inquiries to companies such as Brownells. But I doubt you'll see any sights show up anytime soon. As far as aftermarket sights the only company I know of that makes any for Remington 700's is Williams Gun Sights but I think they need the original sight base.

Good Luck. Maybe someone has a set that's been taken off and will part with them.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm afraid you are going to have a hard time finding any iron sights. RemArms hasn't shown any inclination to supply spare parts and references all inquiries to companies such as Brownells. But I doubt you'll see any sights show up anytime soon. As far as aftermarket sights the only company I know of that makes any for Remington 700's is Williams Gun Sights but I think they need the original sight base.

Good Luck. Maybe someone has a set that's been taken off and will part with them.
Just looked on ebay and there is a variety of sights, any thing I should be looking for in particular? Height? Style? Date range? Sorry for all the questions, kinda new:)

· Administrator
726 Posts
Unfortunately I am not an expert on Rem 700 sights but the link below will give you access to catalogs up to 2011 so you can see what has been supplied in the past. All my rifles are heavy barrel and didn't come with iron sites. I will tell you that the varmint and tactical barrels did not come with sights. Also, since Remington used different barrel lengths over the years the sights might be different.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately I am not an expert on Rem 700 sights but the link below will give you access to catalogs up to 2011 so you can see what has been supplied in the past. All my rifles are heavy barrel and didn't come with iron sites. I will tell you that the varmint and tactical barrels did not come with sights. Also, since Remington used different barrel lengths over the years the sights might be different.

Thanks again Doom!

· Registered
171 Posts
The top 3 gun parts to check Brownells and Mid West Gun Works if no luck then Gun Parts in New York. During the 70's and 80's most ADL & BDL were sighted and sights removed so believe you should be able to find a set.

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a Mod 700 scope only version that I would like to put rifle sights on. Does anyone know where I could purchase a set? Thank you.
I may have a set back home in GA. I’ll check when I return next week. Is the rifle drilled for sights??
I have a Mod 700 scope only version that I would like to put rifle sights on. Does anyone know where I could purchase a set? Thank you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts