Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a new SIG556 the other day. The SIGARMS stock, fore-end, flash hider and pistol grip had to go. I replaced them with SWISS made 551 parts. Over all I like the rifle, but the safety and magazine release are a little hard to reach.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I couldn't take the bad AR features on my 556, so I converted it into a 551. Replaced the 556 lower with a new Swiss made 551lower and 551 Magazine

trigger guard folds to the side.

much, much better now.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
desertdog said:
I love the Sigs, a lil pricey but worth every dime! I like these better than the AR's.

I wasn't as happy with it using the AR style lower, but now that I have replaced it with what they were originally designed to use I really like it. One thing that still sucks is the price of magazines, $80 ea.

·
Registered
277 Posts
desertdog said:
Holy crap, 80 bucks!!!! Well Ill keep my AR for now.
Plus the AR is like the IPod of CQB weapons - everyone is making parts for them now.

But therein lies the beauty of Banshee's weapon - exclusivity. Nice job B

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 556 swat that I converted to a regular classic to save weight, and a 556R, I put the DDLES AR stock conversion on both so that I could have adjustable cheek pieces via a Magpul stock.

The good news for you is that the swiss mags will probably be imported in greater numbers because...

Sig is going to make a 'Swiss version' domestically, the photo released is a bit odd, but they have not officially released the rifle yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts