Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Found this forum since I was googling around for 700 info. I'll plan on making a 700 rifle my new target shooting / general purpose hunting rifle.

The other day, I found a picture of a 700 with a suppressor (or muzzle brake??) installed. The thing that caught my eye was that the device had the same diameter as the barrel, giving it a very clean look. This must have been a tactical/varmint type of heavy barrel. The threading was also different from what I have seen before - the threading was made on the OUTSIDE of the suppressor and the INSIDE of the barrel...

I'm sorry if this sounds confusing, but I was hoping that someone here might recognize what I saw, because I cannot for the life of me find it again and I'm curious about doing something similar.

Cheers / Rasmus

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
i have never personally seen a muzzle break that screws INTO the barrel. there are several muzzle breaks that screw ONTO it.

I have a heavy barrel with a muzzle break that is flush fit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
how do u like it as far as recoil reduction?

talked to the guys at Vias muzzle brakes and he said he would build me one to thread onto my AAC-SD which is the same design as yours but has ports out the front...

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I like it alot. It's helps alot with recoil especially out of a 20 inch barrel but the conventiall break designs do work a little better than my type.

But I'll take the smooth seamless look anyday as the difference is not that significant to make me put a huge break on it.

I willsay this, alot of it comes down to proper shooting position if you have a break or not. It makes a big difference.

My smith charged me 240 for it. It's on the high side but I love his quality work and attentiontodetail.

Good luck and let me know how it comes out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts