Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me what you guys think. I just purchased a Rem 700 SPS tac in .308 . I plan on painting it a 2-tone color scheme with duracoat. For optics, Bushnell 3200 Elite with weaver tactical rings and mount. To finish it off a Harris bipod#1a2br. Nothing fancy but i like it. Any suggestions,critics welcome. Thanks Mike

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sounds Awesome! If you need any tech help with the duracoat just send me a PM. I am a refinisher myself. If there is any advice I can give is PREP WORK, PREP WORK and it will last a lifetime.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Winxp_Man said:
you plan on doing this with the stock that comes on the rifle ?
Yes i did:D But i was told the duracoat wont stick. So i plan just to paint the barrel and bolt.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I dont see it sticking either. Post some pics when your done I might end up doing the same with mine. oh and how much is all this running you price wise?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Winxp_Man said:
I dont see it sticking either. Post some pics when your done I might end up doing the same with mine. oh and how much is all this running you price wise?
Hey Winxp, i ordered the paint today. Went with CAVS Foiliage green(4oz.) Prep cleaner,retarder and aersol spray can and bottle. That was $60 with shipping. The rest of my stuff shoud be $350. to $400. Not cheap, but alot less expensive than some rigs.:lol: Not a cheap hobby at all !

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
so its about 400 to 460 for all the paint stuff ? wow that is some serious money that your putting in it. But at least it will not rust in many places.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hey Mike,
How'd it go? Any pics? Foliage Green has to look good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts