Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi firstly here is my rifle. hardly anything special, though:



Ive been wandering about my action.. it seems to be less smoother than youtube videos make it look.
its especially hard to pull the bolt up to arm the firing pin. is it just my impression?
when i see videos like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azCRVyMs2dI&feature=related
i get the idea that my bolt is a completely different story if i have the bipod fully extended the whole rifle will tilt slightly on the left pod before the bolt actually goes up.

also do any of you know how i can get a bell & carlson tactical medalist a5 stock sent to italy? eventually i would like to get this stock but i cant seem to find it anywhere here in italy, apart from already mounted to factory TTR's and midway italia, where it sells for a whopping 618 euro (870 bux)
stockystocks and brownells dont ship them here.
do you know any websites that sell firearms related stuff wolrdwide? brownells does, but when i queried them about the stock they sent me this:

Under our Department of State regulations all manufactures of gun parts shipping internationally must be registered with them. Failure to register constitutes that the merchandise can not be shipped.
Until the manufacture of the item(s) registers with our Department of State and advises us of their registration number, we simply can not ship their merchandise.

and after that a list of manufacturers that they are allowed to ship internationally. no B&C.
final question, are there any muzzle breaks for the tactical barrel that dont require threading?
thanks very much!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
534 Posts
If you have family in the states why can't the ship it to you there? And as far as the bolt problem. It seems to be a real common on I read on another guys post that ammo might be what's affecting it or also cold be just need to work the action to basically break it in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
I'm not sure about the international shipping (of course I never really looked into it). Some help I am, huh?

Anyway, as for the bolt, mine has it's days. It really depends on the ammo. I've been using reloads ever since the second range trip (I'm not going to tell you how many reloads I've gotten out of my .308 cases, you wouldn't believe me) and I notice sometimes it's harder to pull up than not.

The reason you might interpret it to be so difficult is it cocks on open. With time it'll get easier to open, and it's certainly a lot easier to open when it's en empty chamber.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Etkini said:
I'm not sure about the international shipping (of course I never really looked into it). Some help I am, huh?

Anyway, as for the bolt, mine has it's days. It really depends on the ammo. I've been using reloads ever since the second range trip (I'm not going to tell you how many reloads I've gotten out of my .308 cases, you wouldn't believe me) and I notice sometimes it's harder to pull up than not.

The reason you might interpret it to be so difficult is it cocks on open. With time it'll get easier to open, and it's certainly a lot easier to open when it's en empty chamber.
yes if the firing pin is already armed and i open the bolt then it comes up no problem.
the rifle only has a couple hundred rounds through it so i guess it might still be stiff.
as for the reloads, ive reloaded since my first trip, and the casings are still going strong! used lapua brass and only shortened it twice so far, it gives no sign whatsoever of damage (though i have used relatively mild loadings, usually 40 grains of n140) i only neck resize, i expect with full dies the cases last much much less.

as for my having family in the us, i dont as im italian, though i can assure you i wish i werent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
Looking at your picture, I'd say it's amazing that you have a rifle that fires 28 different types of rounds!!! Just fooling around about that because of all the random brass you show, but without looking at your earlier posts, I'd say you have an SPS Tactical, still with the Hogue stock. Great rifle. As far as the action not being smooth... mine is very smooth. Fire more rounds through it and it will break in and seem very smooth. Fire a bunch of rounds, clean it, and fire some more rounds, then clean it... then it will feel very smooth. Practice working the action prone in your living room. Do it slow... do it fast.
Just got a BC Medalist Tactical... but I have no idea how to get one where you are at. Sorry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Have you tried www.stockysstocks.com ? I think they ship internationally. The problem you might run into is Italian customs. Is there any way you could check with a local police department or something to find out just what the import\export laws are?

And as for neck resizing\full length.. well I full length resize my LC .308 and .223 cases. I've got probably 40-50 reloads on my .223 cases and about the same on the .308 cases. I trim the .223 every 3-4 times and the .308 every time. I've never had a problem, never had a split neck. I use light loads as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Etkini said:
Have you tried www.stockysstocks.com ? I think they ship internationally. The problem you might run into is Italian customs. Is there any way you could check with a local police department or something to find out just what the import\export laws are?

And as for neck resizing\full length.. well I full length resize my LC .308 and .223 cases. I've got probably 40-50 reloads on my .223 cases and about the same on the .308 cases. I trim the .223 every 3-4 times and the .308 every time. I've never had a problem, never had a split neck. I use light loads as well.
in italy only barrels, slides, actions and receivers are conidered gun parts, recently even magazines arent considered gun parts anymore, though if youre caught using an un-limited magazine on a weapon model thats supposed to have a 5 round limit you go to jail. (more generally anything not made of steel is definately not considered part of a firearm) worst that can happen is at the italian customs i have to pay a tax or something, but i am allowed to be sent a stock, i already checked :).
i sent stockysstocks a message asking if they ship to italy, i hope they'll get back to me soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PALADIN said:
Looking at your picture, I'd say it's amazing that you have a rifle that fires 28 different types of rounds!!! Just fooling around about that because of all the random brass you show, but without looking at your earlier posts, I'd say you have an SPS Tactical, still with the Hogue stock. Great rifle. As far as the action not being smooth... mine is very smooth. Fire more rounds through it and it will break in and seem very smooth. Fire a bunch of rounds, clean it, and fire some more rounds, then clean it... then it will feel very smooth. Practice working the action prone in your living room. Do it slow... do it fast.
Just got a BC Medalist Tactical... but I have no idea how to get one where you are at. Sorry.
its not random, its my collection =(
yes its pretty much a factory tactical. i guess ill start dry firing it a lot (with the dummy round inside) so the springs loosen up a little.
Also i have the externally adjustable trigger, and i adjusted it to the minimum, but after i fired a few rounds the screw popped out and i lost it. now its been a while and the trigger feels hard again, any solution other than spending 250 euro on a timney?
thanks everyone for the help and replies!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
One thing I'd mention, based on my own experience, would be to put a larger bolt lift on. My bolt seemed excessively stiff until I put a new lift on. I'm assuming that having more area to get my fingers on helped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Denver Terry said:
One thing I'd mention, based on my own experience, would be to put a larger bolt lift on. My bolt seemed excessively stiff until I put a new lift on. I'm assuming that having more area to get my fingers on helped.
cant find those here either, i like the 2 piece one that you glue together encasing the factory one but i dont know how to get one.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top