Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am purchasing an SPS tactical this week and I'm looking for some suggestions for my build.

What I'm particularly interested in is quality products, I like doing things right the first time. I want to do it right the first time, what are some of the best scope mounting options available. I have heard good things about warne products but I wanna here it from the masses what are the best options.

I'm debating on optics at the moment. Its either between nikon monarch or something from burris.

Probably going to get a harris bipod for target fun, I'll need a nice sling for hunting though.

Anything else that are "must haves" or other great things to consider to make the rifle better or more fun.

Thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
a Sling is a Sling. a bipod is good Scope mounts depend on your scope, and your scope depends on your budget. Better glass = more money. Ive heard good things about USO scopes and SS scopes, along with Nightforce. It depends on what your looking for and how much money you want to spend. Bolt handle knobs are a nice touch, not nessasary but nice, and a replacement stock can sometimes help with accuracy and how the gun fits you. Find something that works for you.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Warne tactical rings are nice, just be careful to not over torque them or rhey will crack in half. I personally use leupold mark 4s in steel. They are expensive and heavy but work it. If budget is. Problem the burris extremes are nice as well

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet, thanks for the info. Now I just need to figure out which height I need.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I got my sps tactical. However the barrel is off to the left in the stock. The right side has over twice as much room at the fron that the left does.

Does anyone see this being a problem? I heard this is a common problem with the sps tactical. Remington wants me to send my rifle in. I literally just got it on saturday. Not really wanting to do that right now.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Is it just the Hogue stock? You could try taking the stock off and making sure there aren't any rubber or plastic "stickers" making it go left. Then remount it. I would guess that the barrel and action are true, but there is an issue with your stock.

·
Registered
20 Posts
kamonjj said:
well I got my sps tactical. However the barrel is off to the left in the stock. The right side has over twice as much room at the fron that the left does.

Does anyone see this being a problem? I heard this is a common problem with the sps tactical. Remington wants me to send my rifle in. I literally just got it on saturday. Not really wanting to do that right now.
it could also be that the recoil lug is not positioned properly. it may be as simple as taking a brass hammer and gently but firmly tap the recoil lug to change it's position. then put the barreled action back in the stock to see if the barrel is centered in the barrel channel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts